Sunsynk app grid notifications

Dan111

• 3 months later...

Waking up an older topic as I have the same question. Did the re-connect notification option come with recent firmware upgrade? My FW is a few versions behind (too weary of updating it), and I only receive disconnect notifications, but nowhere on app or web platform can I find a setting to enable reconnect notifications (it may not be an altogether bad thing that the rest of family doesn't see the reconnect on app and goes big on loads....albeit there are indicator lights on the DB to indicate this). Mate of mine receives reconnect notifications on both android and iphone app, on latest FW it seems. 

Initially I only got disconnect notifications.
There was a change about 2 months back on the SunSynk.net Server Side and now I get both disconnect & re-connect pop-up from the SynSynk Android App.
On sunsynk.net it only shows "restored" notifications in the notifications archive.

Seems half like SunSynk App is a "work-in-progress".

You can email Joel at SunSynk with any app suggestions & enhancement requests.

Edited by system32

Thanks @system32. I'm an iphone user but a mate uses an Android and his wife an iphone - both receive dual notifications, but their inverter is on what seems the most recent firmware. Mine's an older version from late 2022, and maybe the notifications system needs that update too. On the .net I don't have any notifications stored at all i.e. equipment/events, plant report, etc. Under account / notifications it's also blank - this all being on the web interface.  

I have three Sunsynk inverters that I monitor. One of them gives both “disconnect” and “connect” notifications. The other two only give “disconnect” notifications. 

For what it’s worth, I believe in the back-end there’s an old server (system 1) and a newer server (system 2). You select which of those you log into with your user account. And somehow in the background the inverter is also associated to one or the other of the systems. Now, the inverter I monitor that sends both notifications is on the old “system 1” whereas the two that only receive grid down messages are on the newer “system 2” server. Could be coincidence or could be a causal relationship. I don’t know. 

SunSynk make great kit but their dev team seem a tad shaky right now.

See their implementation of the Philips Hue integration for another example of half-complete work. 

I still wouldn’t buy any other inverter though to be honest. :)

1 minute ago, Snapper said:

the two that only receive grid down messages are on the newer “system 2” server

When I log in to my account on their platform I log in to Zone / System 2…and receive no reconnect notifications. Maybe this is the common denominator then. 👍🏻

• 1 month later...

Didn't anyone manage to figure this out? Are you able to get reconnect notifications? I only get the disconnect ones.

Very new to Solar and Sunsynk - 1 week now - how often do I need to upgrade the software on the inverter? Or too dangerous a thing to do?!?

1 hour ago, Snoozy said:

I only get the disconnect ones.

Unfortunately me too, but haven't done FW update. Latest app now shows key specs to the 1st decimal on the main screen, but haven't noticed anything different. I suspect  this relates to the firmware rather than anything else (based on my circle of contacts that get the reconnect note (same system otherwise), compared to my hardware / zone / FW version).  But would love a clear answer. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2023/02/17 at 3:48 PM, Dan111 said:

Hello,

I get a Sunsynk app notification if grid is disconnected. Is there a way to get notifications when the grid is reconnected again?

Thanks

They've finally sorted this out.

As of this morning (under iOS at least), I'm now getting re-connect notifications. Didn't do an app update so presumably this is a server-side change. Maybe some Android members can confirm if they get the same.

The push notification simply says "[Plant Name] Restored - Connect to Grid." Tested it twice; it takes about 2-3 minutes to come through after restoration.

(This in addition to the "[Plant Name] Disconnect - Disconnected from the Grid" notification that was already working.)

Better late than never, but this was incredibly late.  Useful feature, though.

11 minutes ago, JayMardern said:

They've finally sorted this out.

As of this morning (under iOS at least), I'm now getting re-connect notifications. Didn't do an app update so presumably this is a server-side change. Maybe some Android members can confirm if they get the same.

The push notification simply says "[Plant Name] Restored - Connect to Grid." Tested it twice; it takes about 2-3 minutes to come through after restoration.

(This in addition to the "[Plant Name] Disconnect - Disconnected from the Grid" notification that was already working.)

Better late than never, but this was incredibly late.  Useful feature, though.

I've been looking for this topic to post the same update 🙂

Pleasantly surprised this morning when grid restored to see the notifications pop up...now we just wait for the notifications from Solar Assisstant.

8490D9A1-81AE-4CFB-9016-A0241CC99CBF_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm encountering a (admittedly minor) bug since this update, whereby the red 'notification' counter/badge now shows a figure (it's 3 at present but yesterday it was 2) - but when reviewing the Notifications, the list is empty (so it shouldn't display the badge):

image.thumb.png.8e3b9586f80bd69a4607c6d26510d51e.png

Any ideas? I leave the web portal open all day long on my spare monitor so this is triggering my OCD; this doesn't affect the app.

(Wouldn't be a true Sunsynk release without at least one bug, right?)

Still, I'm really enjoying the new notification since it allows me to remotely change my consumption profile (by turning off smart plugs remotely) to save battery in case of an extended outage, if the grid doesn't get restored when expected - without having to go all the way into the app to check that it's back. Very nice.

20 hours ago, JayMardern said:

I'm encountering a (admittedly minor) bug since this update, whereby the red 'notification' counter/badge now shows a figure (it's 3 at present but yesterday it was 2) - but when reviewing the Notifications, the list is empty (so it shouldn't display the badge):

Any ideas? I leave the web portal open all day long on my spare monitor so this is triggering my OCD; this doesn't affect the app.

Still, I'm really enjoying the new notification since it allows me to remotely change my consumption profile (by turning off smart plugs remotely) to save battery in case of an extended outage, if the grid doesn't get restored when expected - without having to go all the way into the app to check that it's back. Very nice.

If you are looking for more reliable and customized direct notifications for your SunSynk Inverter direct via Whatsapp, Telegram and more for Grid, Battery Levels, Inverter AC/DC Temperatures, and basically any metric the inverter collects, you can look at https://pvbiz.co.za, no additional hardware needed. The option to set multiple battery SOC Level notifications in itself have assisted many customers to avoid their battery running down completely, due to grid being down and misbehaving smart switches not being switched off to conserve battery.

21 hours ago, JayMardern said:

This is fixed! As of this morning the notifications now appear in the list - and I can clear the badge with one click using the 'Read All' button. 

• 3 weeks later...