Solar enthusiast here

Hi everyone

I am quite happy that I stumbled apon this forum. I have found some very useful information already.

A bit about my systems:

Hooked up to the house:
3KVA SRNE inverter
5 x 450W panels
1 x 24V Easton lithium battery

Running (or used to) my office:
1KVA ACDC Inverter (Asperix MKS)
1 x 330W Panel
2 x 12V Deep cycle lead acid battery's in series to make 24V

State of the systems:
The 3KVA system is a new install. Yes I do need to add another battery to the system as I run out of battery at 2am every day. (Budget only allowed for one at the moment)
The 1KVA is 5 years old and the batteries died on me in the last month. So I am in two minds at this stage, sell the system and buy another battery for the 3KVA or do I just replace the batteries on go on. Any wisdom or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Extra:
I connected a raspberry pi to the 3KVA Inverter and put together a go lang app to read the modbus information. I collect it with prometheus and then display it with Grafana. Was a very fun little project. All is running on the Pi4 without any issues. Next is to push that information to Cloud IoT through MQTT.

• 1 month later...

HI i am about to install my SRNE3kva in my house.am not sure how to connect the inverter to my existing plugs and light. by the way I am using 2 x 200ah agm batteries. 

can you help me with a diagram of some sort. i have 160 amp fuses between batteries and inverter and no solar panels yet.

Any help will be appreciated

18 hours ago, Ollie68 said:

HI i am about to install my SRNE3kva in my house.am not sure how to connect the inverter to my existing plugs and light. by the way I am using 2 x 200ah agm batteries. 

can you help me with a diagram of some sort. i have 160 amp fuses between batteries and inverter and no solar panels yet.

Any help will be appreciated

@Ollie68 It sounds like you are not familiar with electrical installations? I would rather contact an electrical contractor or solar installer than electrocute yourself or burn the house down. Even if i supply you with the drawing it is not that straight forward and not legal should you not be an installation electrician.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/03/02 at 11:42 AM, KlaasvR said:

Extra:
I connected a raspberry pi to the 3KVA Inverter and put together a go lang app to read the modbus information. I collect it with prometheus and then display it with Grafana. Was a very fun little project. All is running on the Pi4 without any issues. Next is to push that information to Cloud IoT through MQTT.

Hi @KlaasvR,

Thank you for sharing your details with us, I would like to know more about what you did with the Raspberry Pi and connecting it to the inverter, I have been looking around and the information seems to be hard to come by. 

Do you mind sharing some more details with me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2023/06/02 at 8:16 PM, semaj76 said:

Howzit all. How are you finding your SRNE 3kva inverters... I am considering buying one soon so just checking on what you all think of their performance and quality? Any issues?

I have one i'm using. Very efficient and does a great job. I even have panels connected with 2x24v lithiums. I've hooked up a data logger with software as well to monitor. I will definately recommend it. Great support via whatsapp and email as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2023/06/13 at 11:13 PM, SolarDIY said:

I have one i'm using. Very efficient and does a great job. I even have panels connected with 2x24v lithiums. I've hooked up a data logger with software as well to monitor. I will definately recommend it. Great support via whatsapp and email as well.

Hey @SolarDIY

can you share ethe Whatsapp details for support, please?

• 3 weeks later...