Dyness 48100 battery

Fransua Joubert

Good day,

I have my solar system (Luxpower SNA5000 inverter and Dyness 48100) installed since December 2021. A couple of days ago I received a message on my inverter Över current protected by TZ". Since then the battery is not charging or discharging at all. It is stuck on 55%. The inverter is still working.

The inverter still recognize the battery. See screenshots below.

Do anyone have this experience this in the past and how do I get this resolved?

Thanks

Screenshot_20230430_112755_LuxPowerView.jpg

Screenshot_20230430_105718_LuxPowerView.jpg

Could it be that you had a higher load than you usually do running on the inverter? The dyness is a 0.5C battery which means you are limited to 50A draw (as show in your 2nd image) and your inverter is capable of 5000W@50V=100A (simplified), so it is possible for the inverter to overload the battery if you only have 1 module.

You might need to reset the battery to get it out of the protected state. I would turn off the inverter loads, turn off the panels, disconnect the battery and switch it off and on again and then reconnect. Not sure if the dyness has an on/off switch or if you'll have to hold in a reset button until it turns off.

You should set your inverter to 50A discharge limit if possible to avoid this in future.

• 7 months later...

Hey Francois, you managed to fix this?

My Luxpower with Hoselect 5.1kwh battery is doing exactly the same.

No PV. The battery also says alarm and has an SCP error on it.

If I break connection with inverter, reset battery the alarm light goes off.

The moment the breaker is switched on between inverter and battery, the battery goes to Alarm and SCP count goes up.

Inverter sees battery, but battery not charging or discharging when load shedding.

Discharge set at 40A, when I checked it first it was at 100a...which is odd as it was always 40-50...so not sure why it shot to 100....wondering if the initial 100 damaged the battery or wiring.

Any ideas folks?

45 minutes ago, MetaB said:

Hey Francois, you managed to fix this?

My Luxpower with Hoselect 5.1kwh battery is doing exactly the same.

No PV. The battery also says alarm and has an SCP error on it.

If I break connection with inverter, reset battery the alarm light goes off.

The moment the breaker is switched on between inverter and battery, the battery goes to Alarm and SCP count goes up.

Inverter sees battery, but battery not charging or discharging when load shedding.

Discharge set at 40A, when I checked it first it was at 100a...which is odd as it was always 40-50...so not sure why it shot to 100....wondering if the initial 100 damaged the battery or wiring.

Any ideas folks?

I guess Short Circuit Protection (different to over current protection) has been activated on the BMS. Normally this should reset itself after about 1min or if charge current is detected, unless there is a permanent short circuit in the battery circuit (either the BMS or across the inverter battery terminals)... maybe the precharge circuit has been damaged if your BMS has one.

Looking at my BMS manual (not Hoselect, but they are all quite similar) the SCP can also be activated if Over Current Protection has been triggered too many times. Do you have an OCP count? Here's an excerpt from my manual in case it helps:

image.png.941d9ba8645edd40e00437a4233cf23b.png

It seems the only way to deactivate it would be to reconnect it to a charger, but as you say it goes into protection as soon as you close the breaker. You may be able to get it started by precharging the circuit before closing the breaker, but I hesitate to give specifics because I'm not a sparky and I don't have personal experience with this. There are quite a few topics where people had to precharge before connecting a battery, otherwise maybe someone else with more experience can chime in.

You may need to first check that there is no short across the battery terminals of the inverter, but be very careful, make sure everything is disconnected and turned off for quite a while before touching anything as the inverter will hold charge in its internals which can be very dangerous, get a professional to check it out if you don't have experience.

That's all the ideas I have.

• 1 month later...

Morning all, found out the main board had blown causing the issue. Had it repaired, affordably and the issue has been resolved. For the Luxpower units, you can ask the online team to check and do a firmware upgrade....they can also check the board parameters and status