Jump to content

Sunsynk 8kw - Setting for a rainy day


BruceK

Recommended Posts

Hi all, just a quick question. 

On a rainy day, and load shedding during the day, with very little power coming from my PV, is there a remote setting to be able to conserve my available SOC for the evening? 

In other words, if we have LS from 14h till 16h00, can I tell my invertor not to supply the house for those 2 hours from the batteries, so I can maintain my SOC for when its dark, rather just switch the house off for 2 hours, especially if no one is home. 

this is assuming the PV is not producing enough power to cover the load/majority part load, ie heavy rains

thank you, 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BruceK said:

Hi all, just a quick question. 

On a rainy day, and load shedding during the day, with very little power coming from my PV, is there a remote setting to be able to conserve my available SOC for the evening? 

In other words, if we have LS from 14h till 16h00, can I tell my invertor not to supply the house for those 2 hours from the batteries, so I can maintain my SOC for when its dark, rather just switch the house off for 2 hours, especially if no one is home. 

this is assuming the PV is not producing enough power to cover the load/majority part load, ie heavy rains

thank you, 

 

yes you can - you can either disable time of use which will top up your batteries from the grid and run the house from the grid OR you can set a min SOC on the time of use screen (with TU enabled) then tick grid charge - system will maintain that % SOC 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BruceK said:

Thanks for the reply, I have got that figured out, as you mention above. 

What I am trying to figure out is how to maintain my SOC, when there is no grid

 

Sorry i keep misreading your request

So you want the system to not use batteries during LS while there is low PV? I am not sure that is possible

 

Edited by mzezman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, that is my question. So for example, say we have a 2 day grid failure, and very low PV (rain). 

Can I tell the system not to use my batteries in the day, and then use them when I need, at night?

 

Thanks for the help, 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BruceK said:

Thanks for the reply, I have got that figured out, as you mention above. 

What I am trying to figure out is how to maintain my SOC, when there is no grid

 

Make sure your batteries have enough SOC before loadshedding to get you through that period if your PV is low on that day. 

Once your grid is gone you will automatically use battery 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BruceK said:

Yes, that is my question. So for example, say we have a 2 day grid failure, and very low PV (rain). 

Can I tell the system not to use my batteries in the day, and then use them when I need, at night?

 

Thanks for the help, 

 

 

Only way is to switch the load off. If no grid the batteries will discharge until the system shuts down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok thanks, thats what I was thinking as well, but then that cant be done remotely I dont think, ie if away on holiday, switch off and then back on. 

If at home, then its a simple hardware switch. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BruceK said:

Ok thanks, thats what I was thinking as well, but then that cant be done remotely I dont think, ie if away on holiday, switch off and then back on. 

If at home, then its a simple hardware switch. 

 

If I was going away on holiday I would set SOC to 100% with grid charge. Then your batteries can stay as full as possible if the grid fails. You'll also be using far less electricity. You can leave geysers off ect and hopefully the little PV you get can mostly cover the load. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chris_S said:

If I was going away on holiday I would set SOC to 100% with grid charge. Then your batteries can stay as full as possible if the grid fails. You'll also be using far less electricity. You can leave geysers off ect and hopefully the little PV you get can mostly cover the load. 

That's good advice, thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might be able to force the inverter to power off the load side by remotely changing the shutdown/low batt/restart soc.
image.png.c24db90d06cc22b91a7c1927d0783de9.png

The only issue is that you won't be able to re-enable the inverter as your WiFi/internet will be off 😞

A better approach is to bump up the SoC on System mode 1:
I've been in a situation where it was overcast the whole day and then had a grid outage at 17h00 which lasted the whole night.
The normal 20% SoC only lasted 4.5h and we went dark at about 22h30.
I've changed the 16:00 slot to 35% to have a bigger buffer in the evening.
At 16:00, if SoC < 35%, the inverter will use grid to bump to 35% SoC.

image.png.573ab1de7a28bce491dbe49fcae59a4b.png

Edited by system32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, system32 said:

You might be able to force the inverter to power off the load side by remotely changing the shutdown/low batt/restart soc.
image.png.c24db90d06cc22b91a7c1927d0783de9.png

The only issue is that you won't be able to re-enable the inverter as your WiFi/internet will be off 😞

A better approach is to bump up the SoC on System mode 1:
I've been in a situation where it was overcast the whole day and then had a grid outage at 17h00 which lasted the whole night.
The normal 20% SoC only lasted 4.5h and we went dark at about 22h30.
I've changed the 16:00 slot to 35% to have a bigger buffer in the evening.
At 16:00, if SoC < 35%, the inverter will use grid to bump to 35% SoC.

image.png.573ab1de7a28bce491dbe49fcae59a4b.png

Thanks for that, appreciate it

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BruceK said:

Ok thanks, thats what I was thinking as well, but then that cant be done remotely I dont think, ie if away on holiday, switch off and then back on. 

If at home, then its a simple hardware switch. 

 

Swith your batteries off and then back on when you need them. Simple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...