WIFI already exists

Vector_

Hello, a fairly common problem when buying a used inverter. When trying to add the WIFI module in Watchpower, the program says that it has in another account, and when you have no contact with the previous owner, you cannot delete it and you cannot use the wifi connection. Please does anyone have a working solution to the problem

IMG_0364 (1).JPG

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, mzezman said:

contact the support for your inverter / dongle and get them to release it from the previous plant so that you can add it to yours

What if it wasn't sold but finds a new owner. 

I would think that support might help to locate the previous owner as the previous owner must first delete the dongle or the account to which it is linked. Thus the previous owner will have to log in with the correct credentials before it can be removed. 

This is what I found when a was given a used dongle by the seller of my inverter. He had no further use for the dongle as he upgraded to a different make for his private system. 

I also have another 11 kilowatt inverter which is added successfully but is not visualized in the watchpower app. this is very strange. I am worried that I have not purchased a clone copy that is not an original voltronik and that the data is not visible in the appI have never had such a problem until now

20230709_211411.jpg

20230709_211426.jpg

Screenshot_20230709_211539_WatchPower.jpg

Screenshot_20230709_211534_WatchPower.jpg

Good luck. Even after my one dongle was properly deleted the manufacturer support battled to get it registered for me as the system kept on seeing the previous registration. It had to be done on the server in China and local staff just passed it on to them. 

13 hours ago, Scorp007 said:

What if it wasn't sold but finds a new owner. 

I would think that support might help to locate the previous owner as the previous owner must first delete the dongle or the account to which it is linked. Thus the previous owner will have to log in with the correct credentials before it can be removed. 

This is what I found when a was given a used dongle by the seller of my inverter. He had no further use for the dongle as he upgraded to a different make for his private system. 

I swapped my new SS dongle for an old one. The old owner tried t unbind it from their plant but it only worked after contacting customer support in China. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Vector, thank you for your response. Until now, I was in the same situation! But this morning I tried to unlink my email from my account and I received an email response with a code to do so. In fact, it was not a success but the important thing is that the sender of the email was identified as DESSMONITOR.

On Google, with this name, I found a site where I put the username and password of the WatchPower account and I arrived at a complete complete application where I had all the possibilities to delete the dataloggers inactive and manage those I wanted to keep.
Not only does the WatchPower application with my old account work perfectly again but above all the DESSMONITOR site allows total control of the inverter with graphics, history and everything you could dream of obtaining for monitoring your solar installation.
I'll let you test it and don't hesitate to keep me informed on the forum.
Good day.