AXPERT NOT CHARGING BATTERIES FROM SOLAR

Lukas

Morning everybody, I had to move my inverter and when switched on again the inverter wont charge the batteries. Does not seem to pick up the panels? Any thoughts please? thank you. The setup is 2x460(+-) W panels in series,  two strings in parallel ie 4 panels. Nothing else has changed....... which is confusing....

axpert.JPG

3 hours ago, Lukas said:

Does not seem to pick up the panels?

It's picking up the panels just fine. With fully patched firmware like 74.40e, the cells inside the panel frame become a sort of crude bar graph of panel power, one row of cells for each kilowatt (rounded to the nearest whole kilowatt) of PV production. You can see that you have 91 V of panel voltage, which is a good value: nowhere near 130 V where the power starts ramping down, and nowhere near battery voltage.

Your PV power is zero, which is why you have no cells filling in the PV icon. But there are no lines leading from the panel to the battery, confirming that no charging is happening.

3 hours ago, Lukas said:

Nothing else has changed....

Is it possible that in the move some settings became altered? Obviously, you didn't intend to do this, but it may have happened nevertheless. In particular, check the charge source priority setting (setting 16).

3 hours ago, Lukas said:

not sure what the "pi"5 symbol is???

It's saying that this inverter is a MaSter ("MS") in a multi-inverter setup (parallel or 3-phase or both). You're supposed to squint and imagine the symbols like this:

image.png.8a8049322d212706fdb989ca64957ac1.png

Assuming that you only have the one inverter, and never had it set up for parallel operation, this is an indication that settings have indeed changed. That's controlled by output type (setting 28), which has to be changed with the power switch off. See FAQ #3.

I suggest you go through all the settings one by one and make sure that they are what you want.

Edited by Coulomb

On 2023/07/20 at 11:50 PM, Lukas said:

16 sol

Is this a typo? I'm not seeing this as an option for setting 16.

The other settings seem OK, although I would increase setting 29 towards 48 V for battery longevity, at the cost of some runtime. Especially if load shedding is frequent.

Ok, I can't see anything in those settings that would stop PV charging. There is a small chance that we screwed up with all the fiddles we have to do with the various Solar Charge Controllers, so next step is to try factory firmware. Factory firmware version 74.40 is included in the 74.40e zip file; just rename dsp.hex to dsp.patched and copy dsp_original.hex to dsp.hex. Reflash as normal.

If that doesn't work, then sorry I'm out of ideas.

23 hours ago, Lukas said:

Any thoughts were i can get a replacement seems like scc board for axpert 5mks?

Try Herholds, they sell the MKS5K rebranded Synerji. I run 2 of them.

I don't see the problem in the picture other than it is dusty. Please explain.