3kw inverter to DB connection

Wimmas

Not an electrician nor claim to be an electrical expert. Just a diy'er who would like some insight as I am considering mounting my inverter setup to the DB.

Very small household, work from home full time, need internet, laptop, screen, maybe a light or fan in the evenings during load shedding.

Equipment:

Requirements:

• 2x socket CB's and 1x Lights CB to run on inverter/backup system connected to DB

Notes:

• There is the neutral bar connected straight to Eskom which feeds stove, geyser and lights. (Lights run off neutral bar 1 - Eskom)
  • I am planning to run lights on my inverter, so I guess I will have to get an electrician to trace the neutral wires to the lights and run them from neutral bar 2 running from E/L?
  • AC box out will feed to neutral bar 2 on main DB. Will this be an issue as there are then 2x E/L running on neutral bar 2? If so, how do I mitigate this?
  • I do not want to run all plugs and lights as essentials as the inverter is only 3kw. Concerned that I accidently  switch on the dishwasher and the kettle, then damaging the inverter
  • 32A AC CB as that is what is recommended on inverter manual
  • 13A AC CB on output as the inverter is only 3,000w
  • I do have 125A DC fuse disconnectors for the battery
  • The inverter and battery will both be grounded by earth coming from Eskom

Please let me know your thoughts. Am I on the right path here?

3kw inverter to DB.jpg

28 minutes ago, Wimmas said:

Not an electrician nor claim to be an electrical expert. Just a diy'er who would like some insight as I am considering mounting my inverter setup to the DB.

Very small household, work from home full time, need internet, laptop, screen, maybe a light or fan in the evenings during load shedding.

Equipment:

Requirements:

• 2x socket CB's and 1x Lights CB to run on inverter/backup system connected to DB

Notes:

• There is the neutral bar connected straight to Eskom which feeds stove, geyser and lights. (Lights run off neutral bar 1 - Eskom)
  • I am planning to run lights on my inverter, so I guess I will have to get an electrician to trace the neutral wires to the lights and run them from neutral bar 2 running from E/L?
  • AC box out will feed to neutral bar 2 on main DB. Will this be an issue as there are then 2x E/L running on neutral bar 2? If so, how do I mitigate this?
  • I do not want to run all plugs and lights as essentials as the inverter is only 3kw. Concerned that I accidently  switch on the dishwasher and the kettle, then damaging the inverter

3kw inverter to DB.jpg

32A and 13A CB can both be 16A as the closest to the inverter output. 

Cannot see any reason why the 32A is such a high rating. 

I suggest you get someone to check what should be done in the DB. 

1 hour ago, Wimmas said:

Equipment:

Requirements:

Notes:

3kw inverter to DB.jpg

You need changeover switch to bypassing the inverter in case of a failure.