Question regarding battery charging

gallderhen

Hi,

Not sure if this has been asked before, but are there any inverters that can be programmed to only charge batteries off of AC power, during specific times of the day?

I've got some outside lights I want to put on batteries + inverter, where the inverter should only charge the batteries during the day (as the house will eventually be converted to solar).

-G-

1 hour ago, gallderhen said:

Not sure if this has been asked before, but are there any inverters that can be programmed to only charge batteries off of AC power, during specific times of the day?

Tesla, Goodwe, Solax, and Victron.

Of these, Victron's is the most flexible, allowing a schedule on any particular week day, only weekdays, only weekends, or on all days. If I am wrong, tell me so it can be improved :-)

The Victron implementation needs a CCGX or Venus-GX control unit (which runs the actual schedule) and official release of scheduled charging is only in v2.20. Which is imminent, I suspect next week.

Selection_168.png.d8f7ca540607c953f1c6fecb7576ac70.png

Tesla is in second, they have a week/weekend schedule, specifically to take advantage of TOU (time of use) tariffs which are generally structured in week/weekend blocks.

Selection_158.png.ef4194248a5e195cd77d4221c9e42d97.png

Then comes Goodwe. They have "economical mode" where you can schedule charge and discharge times, and even the level of charge power. No provision for acting differently on different days. Which may not be important in your application.

Selection_159.png.82c1017ddebab4733408ab5a9406f212.png

And then there is Solax. Very rudimentary. You need a password to change the work mode. Change it to "Force time use". Hard to find information on how this works beyond this.

Selection_160.png.d975a07ab72e7c8af26528350dc556cf.png

I hope that helps.