MKSII 5K 3-Phase output 1-phase input

malek94

Hello everyone.

I had installed a three Axpert 5kw MKSII  to produce 3 phase , and I only have single phase input. So how could I program the inverters to disable line mode or bypass relay? any ideas?

I only need the utility to charge the battery from single phase and I want the inverter to produce 3 phase , what should I do in this case. Is there is any program in this device can stop the bypass and make the utility charge only without turn into the loads with bypass function!

I have tried to connect only one device to the utility to charge the batteries but the utility didn't start to feed the device until the other 2 units connected with utility. 

So if I get this correctly, you want to charge on one phase using one inverter, but use the other two to create the other two phases? Pretty sure you can't do that with this inverter. It can be done with three Victron inverters though.

I want to produce 3 phase from 3 inverters but I want the charger work only on one device.

or all three device charge without bypass utility to the loads

I have tried multi-setup and configuration but nothing!

I just wonder if someone gets in this situation and tried any configuration can solve this issue without adding an extra inverter separated to charge from the single phase (work only for single phase loads and charge the batteries from utility)

The Axperts can't do it. In order for utility charging to happen, they have to be in bypass mode. The inverter runs in reverse to charge the battery. 

As far as I know, you can't have one in bypass and the other two in battery mode. I can't immediately think of a reason why that would be impossible, but I'd say they won't do it, especially after you tried exactly what I would have and it didn't work.

Edit : I assume that you gave utility power to the one that is designated as R phase, i.e. its output mode setting is 3P1. Maybe it also should be the master, so turn it on first. 

Edit 2: no need for a complete new inverter just to charge the battery, any stand alone battery charger would do. Though it might be more convenient to control it if it is another Axpert. But it would need separate control I would think, as it can't be paralleled with the others. 

Edited by Coulomb

The way Victron inverters does it is to sync the master with the grid (that's the unit on L1), and then the other two sync with L1 at the correct phase angles to generate the other two phases, exactly as they would have done otherwise. L1 can then do the charging. Can't really see a technical reason (other than firmware) why Axpert's would not be able to do the same (I believe it does sync with the grid?), but the long and the short of it is that they can't.

4 hours ago, plonkster said:

The way Victron inverters does it is to sync the master with the grid (that's the unit on L1), and then the other two sync with L1 at the correct phase angles to generate the other two phases, exactly as they would have done otherwise.

I'm not sure, but I think that Axperts work the same way, so it's inexplicable (except maybe they didn't think of a need for it). But perhaps they sync to their own AC inputs instead of ±120° from R phase (L1).