Unstable Grid input Voltage, Eastern cape

georgelza

Hi all

Getting repeated notices from Inverter... I've set the low and high limits, grid input has on a regular basis now dropped below 201V last 2-3 weeks.

Input voltage phase 1: 207.8    
Low limit (hysteresis): 210 (215)       
High limit (hysteresis): 230 (225)      
Wait time: 60 seconds  

G

9 minutes ago, georgelza said:

Hi all

Getting repeated notices from Inverter... I've set the low and high limits, grid input has on a regular basis now dropped below 201V last 2-3 weeks.

Input voltage phase 1: 207.8    
Low limit (hysteresis): 210 (215)       
High limit (hysteresis): 230 (225)      
Wait time: 60 seconds  

G

You should try living on a farm where the local distribution network is sketchy at best.

I regularly get warnings from one of the installs at a specific farmhouse the voltage varies from 195V-240V

issue... previously experience with these low voltages you burn out washing machine / tumble dryers / dish washer motors and the favourite... pool pumps...

maybe a question to more informed... for the Victron, it bump the voltage... issue allot of these devices sit on the input side of INPUT1 (Non Essential)

G

29 minutes ago, georgelza said:

issue... previously experience with these low voltages you burn out washing machine / tumble dryers / dish washer motors and the favourite... pool pumps...

maybe a question to more informed... for the Victron, it bump the voltage... issue allot of these devices sit on the input side of INPUT1 (Non Essential)

G

You could connect them to AC2 out on your multi (Non essential) and the multi will then disconnect them as well in case of low input voltage.

That is exactly what I did at the aforementioned farmhouse.

Edited by PJJ

16 minutes ago, georgelza said:

I know, but this is not how my system was wired, by mutual agreement after allot of discussions with various people.

This change will cost $$$ as I will need to get Victron people out again.

G

Well the only way I can think of you achieving that without re-wiring would be to monitor the input voltage (you can easily get that from your Venus) and then simply switching those sonoff's you already seem to have on your devices.

@georgelza then you must come listen how my MLT inverter is going bos!!!! It runs contactors inside that connects and disconnects is from the grid. In the beginning i couldn't understand while the contactors keeps open and closing, till I start checking the logs, there i picked up that our Grid volts drop so low and the Hz going bos to. Same story over the weekend. Check your Hz part to.  

... I'm not that worried about the AC1Out load, that I know is clean...

But my Non Essential load thats currently sitting on AC-In feed... tad issue.

As PJJ said, might have to move all of that to AC2Out... Already pinged the installer to find out about cost, most things are there... might just be a couple of wires undone here and connected there. Between my Buzz Bar 1 and Buzz Bar 2

G

most prob.

The curious one, our power in Jbay was stable, never any alarms, 6 weeks ago they did a full shutdown for a day, to do maintenance... and well since then, alarms every day/2nd day.

One of those, maybe they should not have touched it as it seems they f'd it up.

G