Jump to content

difference between TR and MC4 connectors


Recommended Posts

MC4 is the current standard for connecting PV modules. Suitable for DC up to 1000-1500V. In the past, MC3 or SolarLock were used too.

I never heard of "TR" connector, but it might refer to a receptable that's being used on some grid-tie inverters for AC connection.
Anyway, whenever inverters needs a special connectors, they are included in the package.
Just check the installation manual for Kodak and see the "package contents" section. Normally, they include a couple of MC4 connectors too.



An example of Grid-tie AC connector:


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...