DC geyser elements

carlysun

I reside in Johannesburg and have installed the Geyserwise PV systems, with two geyser blankets on all my geysers which has been running for almost three years now and always have hot water.  I initially liked the concept that you only need to change the geyser element, might need to change the flange plate (depending on geyser make/model) and added the other electrical hardware, with no plumbing changes required.

I have had no regrets in installing the systems.  I have four 330W solar panels installed on each geyser and the geysers reach 75-76 degrees on sunny and semi cloudy days.  My wife and I both take showers in the morning and the geyser temperature is around 60-70 degrees (depending on season) at around 5am in the morning.  The water is heated by PV only and I have only had to manage the use of hot water and/or use the AC on the element after a week of constant cloudy / rainy conditions.

The Geyserwise PV System is in my opinion the best system on the market and is backed by unbeatable support from Gavin and his team at the Gauteng branch.

20191109_044328.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022/06/20 at 7:17 PM, FE Turbo said:

The Geyserwise PV System is in my opinion the best system on the market...

I could not agree more. The geyserwise components are of good quality, although, I did not go the full solution and rather used parts to configure my own solution.

With 2x 400W solar panels my 150l is off the grid in the summer. In the winter I will top-up 2kw of ac power from my inverter.

Works well, and excellent ROI :)