DB earth leakage trip

MartinKoch

Hi, Axpert 5KVA, together with Pylontech US2000 battery all of a sudden started to trip DB earth leakage just before 3rd battery light needs to change over to solid instead of flickering (about after 50min) and only on the 3rd light - night time charging, when running on battery no problem, no other lights as well (when reset Earth leakage before light 3 is solid, just trips again) - was running fine for about a month before this started

my settings are 01 = SBU, 02 = 60A (default) 11 = 10A, 16 = SNU (maybe set to OSO? but want to resolve problem first) 25 = was FDS, changed to FEN hopefully get error message? 

This morning it switched over to solid for 3rd light without tripping but battery ALM went red for about 30+ seconds

anyone that had similar problems, any suggestions please - note installation not signed off yet, waiting for Centurion monitoring software as well - due to lockdown)

Is your earth leakage device before the Axpert? If so, that's asking for trouble. Wire the AC-in to the DB before the earth leakage device, and put another one on the AC-out.

Or move the earth leakage device so that it's after the Axpert; I only have one. I don't know the regulations in South Africa.

@MartinKoch Agree with C. Usually install the blue stuff and never with E/L feeding to AC-in - always on AC-out before loads and no problems with Electrical CoC or inverter related trips. If you have loads not on inverter AC-out that require E/L then you need 2nd E/L for those but wire AC-in to inverter from before E/L i.e. direct on Mains.