Commands: Single vs Parallel

JacquesVDM

Hi guys,

Busy with a controller for a system with 3x Axpert inverters. Due to the lockdown, I don't have access to the inverters to do tests but want to finish the programming beforehand.

Ok ,the questions: Does the "QPIGS" response on a parallel system give you the total PV watts, Load watts and Load % of all three inverters combined? (Query will be on master inverter only) Also if I change mode using the "POP" command, does it change on all three inverters? (🤔This one I can't imagine changing only on the master inverter?)

Thanks

Jacques

4 hours ago, JacquesVDM said:

Does the "QPIGS" response on a parallel system give you the total PV watts, Load watts and Load % of all three inverters combined? (Query will be on master inverter only)

No, QPIGS only gives you information for the master or slave you are connected to.

You need to send QPGS0, QPGS1, and QPGS2 (for master, slave 1, and slave 2) and aggregate the results. Frustratingly, there are one or two fields you can't get from a QPGS that you can get from a QPIGS. 

Also if I change mode using the "POP" command, does it change on all three inverters?

Yes.