Pylontech US 3000 wont charge

Lightyear

Question

Good day. I bought a pylontech battery US3000 and I took some time without charging it and now its showing a red ALM light and the light is not turning off and the battery is not charging
My inverter is Kodak 0GX 5.48
Is there any way to make the light turn off?

Thank you for your support

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lightyear said:

Good day. I bought a pylontech battery US3000 and I took some time without charging it and now its showing a red ALM light and the light is not turning off and the battery is not charging

My inverter is Kodak 0GX 5.48
Is there any way to make the light turn off?

Thank you for your support

Do you only have 1 pylon connected to the inverter?

Have you tried switching in off and on again?

Does the battery switch on its output? If it does, what is the voltage? If not, disconnect it from any load, reset it and see if its switching on when you press and hold the red button for 3 seconds. 

Normally if the light stays on, its not happy about something, either under or over voltage. 

If its under voltage it will only clear the light when its above a certain level, and the same apply for over voltage, it will only reset the light once the voltage for all the cells is below a certain value. But first you have to measure to be sure of what to do to rectify it. 

If it hasn't been charged for a while I guess it might be under voltage..  

15 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Does the battery switch on its output? If it does, what is the voltage? If not, disconnect it from any load, reset it and see if its switching on when you press and hold the red button for 3 seconds. 

Normally if the light stays on, its not happy about something, either under or over voltage. 

If its under voltage it will only clear the light when its above a certain level, and the same apply for over voltage, it will only reset the light once the voltage for all the cells is below a certain value. But first you have to measure to be sure of what to do to rectify it. 

Tha

15 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Thank you so much @Jaco de Jongh yes I have only 1 battery connected.  I will look for a test meter and test the output voltage

Yes the battery is switching on and shows a green light for power and when you start it with the SW its flashing all the lights including SOC then they switch off leaving a red ALM

So what should I do if after testing I find the voltage to be over or under