ICC, Pylontech & Axpert 5Kva

Cozy35

23 hours ago, Cozy35 said:

OK, so my test bed has a runtime of 260 hours since I replaced the cable from the Inverter to the Pi. Sadly, the client site sill resets the runtime after the odd 6 to 18 hours after also replacing that cable. The difference is that the client site has Pylontech batteries with the Centurion Solar RS232 to USB cable.

I suspect that the cable as used on the Pylontech console to Pi cable is also suffering the same issues as the standard Axpert/Volronic USB cable in that it does not have the TXD & RXD wires in a twisted pair, nor is the cable screened from outside interference.

Out of 68 residential installations since January, it is imperative that I get this sorted out in order that I can offer the remote support additionally to my service contract to these clients. I will engineer a proper screened RS232 to USB converter cable to try and come to the bottom of the ICC resets.

More later.

Thanks @Cozy35, I upgraded the inverter USB and slightly improved dropping rates, however still continues as per your observations. Looking forward to the results of your test above, please do keep us posted