Axpert Fault?

KAROOsolar

Good day. 

Hope someone can give me advise, I've got a Axpert 5KVA inverter, with a 5.1Kwh Li-Ion Battery. The inverter runs 100% for about 6 days and then the solar side just stop charging, it show the PV sign but it does not give PV power. I just switch the inverter off and open my PV fuses and switch the inverter on again, then it runs again for about 6 days and then the problem is back. Any advise? Can it be a fault in the inverter? 

2 hours ago, KAROOsolar said:

4 Strings of 3 panels. 

This is very likely to be the problem.  These inverters really need to be wired 2-in-series when using 72-cell panels like yours.  I had mine wired the same as yours and similar problems - changed to 2S6P and all now fine.

The only funny is the 6 days - that is probably a coincidence.

Hey all

I did the 2s-2p and it didn't work. I had to pay more in on grid. so now I have it back to 3s1p and it works well. ok, I don't have 12 panels. I did the same panels at my parents house and it runs in a 3s2p with no problems. 

2 hours ago, Barryv said:

ok, I don't have 12 panels.

It's quite possible that heat is a factor, and 12 panels would definitely generate more heat in the solar charge controller than 3 or 4.

Also, yours may be 60-cell panels. Those do need to be wired 3S. But 60-cell panels are much less common these days.