Axpert King 5kva (Mustek unit) Remote Display not working

Andries

Hi guys I really need some help :(

The inverter's mppt board failed about a week ago and after a few switch off's and turn back on's I got a 32 error code on the remote dispay (communications)

anyway long story short,I send the inverter back to mustek and they replaced the mppt board after all the inverter was still under warranty,so after few days of wait and strugling with couriers I got the inverter back,mppt is working and the inverter is starting up correctly.

the fricking 32 error code is still there so I have no display that is giving me any information.

Reading posts and browsing through the forum I came across on reflashing and starting to try and reflash remote display with 02.49 and I make a mistake and click on DSP and now the remote display is dead and only button that works is the power button.

Did I break my remote display? 😭

Edited by Andries

• Andries changed the title to Axpert King 5kva (Mustek unit) Remote Display not working
7 hours ago, Andries said:

I make a mistake and click on DSP and now the remote display is dead and only button that works is the power button.

It's probably fine; I don't think it would be able to send code for the remote display to the DSP, the addresses would be all wrong. So just shut everything down, start again, and send the file (from your Windows PC), selecting MCU (or whatever it is) instead of DSP, and try again. When it's part way through the firmware update, it looks really really dead, which is scary, but it just means it's not running the display firmware yet, only the bootloader which doesn't have any code spare to make things look alive.

Does the inverter appear to work (e.g. does power appear at the output after 10 seconds or so)?

If not, you may have erased the main (DSP) firmware. If so, you'll have to flash the main firmware as well. I don't know what an Axpert King will display when the display firmware is working but the main DSP firmware is not. So you may be doing  one or both of these "blind", i.e. with the display not showing anything.

Edited by Coulomb

44 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

It's probably fine; I don't think it would be able to send code for the remote display to the DSP, the addresses would be all wrong. So just shut everything down, start again, and send the file (from your Windows PC), selecting MCU (or whatever it is) instead of DSP, and try again. When it's part way through the firmware update, it looks really really dead, which is scary, but it just means it's not running the display firmware yet, only the bootloader which doesn't have any code spare to make things look alive.

Does the inverter appear to work (e.g. does power appear at the output after 10 seconds or so)?

If not, you may have erased the main (DSP) firmware. If so, you'll have to flash the main firmware as well. I don't know what an Axpert King will display when the display firmware is working but the main DSP firmware is not. So you may be doing  one or both of these "blind", i.e. with the display not showing anything.

Thank you so much for your reply,as I see you are the expert here on the firmware :)

The inverter is working,it charge the batteries with solar,like normal,but now I want to try to update the firmware again,and click on MCU but after a few seconds it said "COM1 was opened!" and then it says connect failed,I even try an windows 7 notebook,sounds like it does not allowed me to connect anymore,I also tried a few different cables🙄

On 2020/12/06 at 5:04 AM, Coulomb said:

Have you verified that COM1 is your USB to serial adapter? Use Device Manager to be sure.

Hi @CoulombI have changed it,I used 3 differents pc's the one pc still got an RS232 port,so I tried it without the converter,com port opened,after 30 seconds its says closed port and then connect failed,I literally tried everything,I phoned the supplier this morning,they are going to send me a new remote display.

hopefully it will work then 🙏