Sunsynk 8.8 inverter setup

Ishu

Good afternoon,

Took delivery of my Sunsynk 8.8 inverter from Steve this week, got it installed yesterday. The inverter is set up but need advice on the recommended settings. The system details are as follows:

1. Inverter - Sunsynk 8.8Kw,

2. Batteries - 2 X Pylontech US 3000 - 3.5 Kw each,

3. Panels 10 X Canadian Solar 365w

All panels are connected to one MPPT.

I would like the panels to power the house during the day and charge the batteries, with the critical loads being supplied by the battery at night.

Secondly, i downloaded the Solarman Smart App, it picks up the inverter and provides basic information but does not provide details on the batteries. Kindly advise if i am doing something wrong.

Regards

IshuIMG_8437.JPG.111f7994d2cddf7c14e66129e73e3274.JPG

IMG_8427 (1).JPG

IMG_8434.JPG

Can you share your battery settings page on the inverter. 

Are the batteries connected via can connection and protocol zero? 

You will not get individual battery information on the Solarman Smart app but only the information from the BMS for the entire battery bank. 

Screenshot_20201213-141759_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-141819_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

1 hour ago, Vassen said:

Just 1 further observation, you seem to have all of your AC and DC solar and DC battery cables in the same trunking. This is not allowed according to SANS regulations. 

Not sure if there is another trunking within the 100x40 trunking isolating them. 

I will confirm with the installer, thanks 

1 hour ago, Vassen said:

Hi

when you say your panels are connected to 1 mppt, do you mean 10s or 5s2p. 

I think you need to adjust your time of use settings a bit. With everything set to 35%, it may not be able to get you through a night. after a full rainy day. Typically, you would want to adjust the percentages as a worst case scenario but this also depends on what your night time usage is. 

There’s no way, or none that I know off, where you can limit the battery to only your critical loads at night, while still using the solar for all of your house loads during the day. 

To see the battery info on the solar man app, you would need to set the system type as a storage system. By default it’s not set to this mode. 

Hi,

I will confirm with the installer on how the panels are connected. The critical loads are on different circuits so this should not be a problem, i hope (going through a learning curve here).

I will adjust the system type on the app.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

Ishu