Voltronic (and other) - protocol specification for parallel mode

Payback2

Dear all,

with Watchpower you are able to read out all data using a single usb connection to the master inverter. I'm looking for that protocol specification to include the feature into other open source monitoring tools. (Currently they require a usb connection to each inverter, which is quite unpleasent). In addition there is always some time delay between the readouts as they were collected inverter by inverter.

I hope, you can help me.

Thank you!

They use a series of commands that take a machine number as a parameter. The most useful one is the Query Parallel General Status (QPGS), which takes a machine number (0-8) as a parameter (e.g. QPGS3 to get status for the fourth machine; machine 0 is always the master). You may have to use serial numbers (one of the first fields in the response to this command) to identify a particular response against a particular machine.

Other commands that take a machine number include MNCHGC and MUCHGC (for setting maximum total and utility charge currents respectively). See the protocol manual for details.

10 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

takes a machine number (0-8) as a parameter (e.g. QPGS3 to get status for the fourth machine; machine 0 is always the master

Minor correction (certainly applicable to King):

QPGS0 returns Master

QPGS1 returns first inverter

QPGS2 returns second inverter

etc.