Brand new but Solar installes

Would like some advice on the best System Mode settings... My thinking is that I set all to discharge to 25% then monitor how long the batteries last, then I can check when I need to get grid to charge the batteries until sunrise... Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks 

7 hours ago, Leigh said:

Would like some advice on the best System Mode settings... My thinking is that I set all to discharge to 25% then monitor how long the batteries last, then I can check when I need to get grid to charge the batteries until sunrise... Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks 

I would only use grid charge if load shedding is expected and there has been overcast conditions causing the batteries to not fully charge. I would also only set the grid charge to 50% as it would be enough to see me through the load shedding slot. 

49 minutes ago, Achmat said:

I would only use grid charge if load shedding is expected and there has been overcast conditions causing the batteries to not fully charge. I would also only set the grid charge to 50% as it would be enough to see me through the load shedding slot. 

Agree with Achmat, i have a similar setup as you and I've hardly had to use the grid to charge the batteries, only in times of loadshedding...

I also discharge my batteries down to 25% across the board..

12 hours ago, Iiceman said:

Agree with Achmat, i have a similar setup as you and I've hardly had to use the grid to charge the batteries, only in times of loadshedding...

I also discharge my batteries down to 25% across the board..

Actually a good idea... I will also charge my system modes to all 25%. Thanks