Mecer Firmware

Paulbloggs

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on a Mecer SOL-I-AX-5M so that I can use Pylontech batteries.

The inverter was made in November 2017. Not sure of the serial number as it is hidden behind the adjoining panel.

And if so, can you explain in simple terms?

Regards

Paul

11 hours ago, Paulbloggs said:

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on a Mecer SOL-I-AX-5M so that I can use Pylontech batteries.

Yes. This model has no removable display, so you can't get use a cable between the inverter and the battery BMS. You could however use a different cable from the BMS to a Raspberry Pi running ICC. That will enable ICC to control switching to and from utility at precise SOC values.

It would also be helpful to update the firmware to the appropriate LFP patched firmware for your model. 

The inverter was made in November 2017.

Unfortunately, that's in the date range where it could still be a PF0.8 model (4kW), or a PF1 model (5kW). Check your U1 data page to find your current firmware version, that will determine what patched firmware version you need.

Check the AEVA PIP-5048 topic for more info: 

https://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?p=53691#p53691