Ubiquity long range wireless Access Point

SilverNodashi

Long range (upto 183m) wireless Access Point,to extend your wireless coverage in the office, home or factory. This unis can be ceiling mounted to be out of the way. 
Features 2.4Ghz (450Mbps) and 5.8Ghz (1300Mbps) bands, which makes it great for wireless media players, game consoles and smart TV's. Works with POE (included in package) so it can be installed far away from router or network equipment. Still in original box, unused. 

Price: R1600

Admin: If this is inappropriate, please let me know. 

DSC_0423_2.JPG

DSC_0424_1.JPG

Out of interest, for I have multiple point all over the house.

Make and model?
Have a double storey house, how well will it behave between the floors, with the concrete slab in-between?

16 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Out of interest, for I have multiple point all over the house.

Make and model?
Have a double storey house, how well will it behave between the floors, with the concrete slab in-between?

Ubiquity Long Range AP is the make and model ;) OR, perhaps UAP-LR. Look here: https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap/

At a 13 story building where we have a couple of these, they broadcast through 7 floors. I wanted to use this one at home, just didn't get around to installing it and see now that I don't need it anymore

Just now, cvzyl said:

Silver, I'm interested. So i would connect this to my current router and it will create a WiFi network throughout the house?

Cobus

Cobus, yes, you connect it to any wired router, or even a 3G router (as long as it has a LAN port) to create, or extend a wireless network. 

Just now, cvzyl said:

Thanks. Do you know how many watts it puts out?

On the radio? Or consumption? According to the manual, it consumes 6W. It uses a 24V POE "brick", so the 24V guys could probably hook it up directly to a battery bank. 

on the wifi side, it looks like 28dBm (630nW) max. 

Just now, cvzyl said:

On the output. Dont want something cooking people so will have to look at location.

Does it include power supply and all other accessories?

Yes the POE is included. See my post above for the figures. 

You can also set the TX power to a lower setting if you want to.