Mecer 3000va Communication Port

randomwalsh

19 hours ago, randomwalsh said:

Is there a way to or an adapter that can convert the USB type B port to RS232 on a RJ45 header?

Why do you want to do that?

You can plug in a type A to type B USB cable into a PC, and use Watchpower directly, or I think you can use some types of comms programs.

If you want to talk to a Pi or Arduino, that's much harder. I don't know of a solution off the top of my head.

On 2021/05/19 at 3:37 PM, Coulomb said:

Why do you want to do that?

You can plug in a type A to type B USB cable into a PC, and use Watchpower directly, or I think you can use some types of comms programs.

If you want to talk to a Pi or Arduino, that's much harder. I don't know of a solution off the top of my head.

To integrate with a Hubble battery and a riot cloudlink device.

On 2021/05/20 at 11:51 PM, randomwalsh said:

To integrate with a Hubble battery and a riot cloudlink device.

Fair enough. I believe that the USB port connects to the serial port of the microcontroller in the inverter, so it should be possible to "undo" the USB back to serial.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a suitable device, sorry. But it's not my area, others may know of one.

One possibility might be to use a comms board from another Axpert, one with an RS-232 port. Getting it to fit might be a challenge.