AXPERT firmware update

Namreh

Hi all,

I have a Axpert inverter with firmware version LC1 72 70C  and U2 04 12.  

Works very well. I recently bought the Solar Assistant device and software and have issues that the inverter keeps connecting and disconnecting to the Solar Assistant device.

Anyone had similar issues perhaps? 

Will firmware update possibly resolve this?

Thanks for any assistance. 

1 hour ago, Namreh said:

I have a Axpert inverter with firmware version LC1 72 70C  and U2 04 12.

If it came from the factory with those versions, then this is a clone, and likely can't be updated at all. They picked a good firmware version to copy, though 😉

1 hour ago, Namreh said:

Will firmware update possibly resolve this?

Even if possible, I severely doubt it. If this is a clone, it may have cheap, slow opto-couplers, which may be marginal at the dizzying speed of 2400 bps 🐢 You might be able to fix the glitches by replacing the opto-couplers in the communications board, or perhaps replacing the whole comms board.

18 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

If it came from the factory with those versions, then this is a clone, and likely can't be updated at all. They picked a good firmware version to copy, though 😉

Even if possible, I severely doubt it. If this is a clone, it may have cheap, slow opto-couplers, which may be marginal at the dizzying speed of 2400 bps 🐢 You might be able to fix the glitches by replacing the opto-couplers in the communications board, or perhaps replacing the whole comms board.

Thanks, will try to replace the comms board first.

Swapped the inverter with a newer model, works 100% now. Thanks

On 2021/06/13 at 4:00 AM, Coulomb said:

It's a lot of work to roll your own, yes. Presumably, if you can find a good off-the-shelf solution, it would be pretty easy.

I'm sure others have set this up. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

Edited by Namreh
Spelling