Smartload function on Deye /Sunsynk

Rodger

I am still trying to figure out how the "smartload" (Deye or Sunsynk) works differently from the non-essentials load.  If I understand correctly both will be supplied by the PV's as soon as a preset charge value on the batteries are reached. Should I connect  a  geyser for example on the "smartload circuit" it will only heat up when preset conditions are met whereas it will be be heating all time (whether from PV's or grid) when connected on non essential house load.  Will it also heat up from the grid if connected on "smart load" ?  This then doesn't make sense to me at all. Anyone who can please help explain ?

5 hours ago, Rodger said:

I am still trying to figure out how the "smartload" (Deye or Sunsynk) works differently from the non-essentials load.  If I understand correctly both will be supplied by the PV's as soon as a preset charge value on the batteries are reached. Should I connect  a  geyser for example on the "smartload circuit" it will only heat up when preset conditions are met whereas it will be be heating all time (whether from PV's or grid) when connected on non essential house load.  Will it also heat up from the grid if connected on "smart load" ?  This then doesn't make sense to me at all. Anyone who can please help explain ?

Smart loads can be used during load shedding. 

Imagine load shedding in the middle of day, batteries are fully charged and you have over 3kw of excess pv going to waste. If the geyser is on the aux, you can send this excess pv to heat the geyser. If the geyser is before the inverter then during load shedding none of this excess pv can be sent to loads before the inverter. 

Smart loads can also be supplied from the grid. 

Edited by Achmat

• 1 year later...