Sunsynk 5kW fault codes + general UI questions

MINUS

Hi all,

Recently installed Sunsynk (5 weeks running OK and impressed with the machine). It threw out the following codes this morning - have checked forums and manuals - wondering if anyone has seen them before. I suspect bad grid power has something to do it - will see how it runs tonight again.

Sunsynk 5Kw

2 x Pylontech US3000C

10 x JA 455s

(Used in area with Prepaid meter)

Hoping someone can help with:

1. Anyone seen any of the codes before? Particularly F03. Also why F13 is continuously coming up every 2/3mins before the DC Low came up. It might be linked to this - but what would prevent the inverter from switching to grid when the batteries reach the specified time of use SOC - e.g. 35% below? Bad grid being filtered by the inverter settings?

2. CT coil - have watched the videos - I have the old software. The software has a “HM” signal to show wattage and this is reflecting a negative wattage - which I take to mean they installed it the wrong way? I know it clearly says CT on the new software - just confirming my assumption that this used to be “HM” on the old screens? I’m set to Zero export>Load only so hopefully no impact. Will correct the CT coil and switch to HM load too.

3. When exporting once battery is full to non essentials - this is ONLY excess solar right? I.e. non essentials will not use battery.

4. My time of use functions are included below. I’ll tweak them a bit for loadshedding - however - what would happen if I changed the 35% to say - 50% in all lines that have 35%. And the Grid went off. Would the time of use settings mean that I couldn’t use my power if my batteries were down to 50%? Or does time of use get overridden when grid is shut down.

Thanks - apologies if these have been asked elsewhere. Has anyone received the beta of the new data logger? Interested to know thoughts.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Time of use:

B2E54F51-006B-4143-8839-77F1A6299D50.jpeg

Fault codes - note grid was down when pic was taken. I suspect bad grid caused this but not sure why the inverter didn’t switch to the grid when the batteries hit 35%.

425A9CB4-682A-472F-9476-131A6D76119A.jpeg

Edited by MINUS

• MINUS changed the title to Sunsynk 5kW fault codes + general UI questions

If you have old software, then as a start, I'd recommend updating it.

On your error codes, I have never seen them before, F56 is a battery related error, check cables, connections, battery discharge settings and condition of battery. F13 seems informational, suggests that someone was changing grid mode / work mode parameters. And as for F03, I don't know what GFDI stands for.

If your CT coil is installed incorrectly then the CT value in the info screen will be negative:

image.thumb.png.0d3c3a7ccb42a5a423e7a5fd3160b4f7.png

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our Sunsynk 5Kw inverter has given an F58 error twice in the last two weeks.  I know this is related to the battery communication with the inverter.  The error message can be removed by unticking the BMS Error Stop box.

Unticking the box simply stops the error message from displaying, but it does not resolve the issue.  How can I resolve the issue as there is clearly a comms issue

F58 BMS Communication Fault

Thank you

Edited by Celeste
Error message type was wrong

4 hours ago, Celeste said:

Our Sunsynk 5Kw inverter has given an F58 error twice in the last two weeks.  What is this related to. 

F58 AC_U_GridCurr_High_Fault

Thank you

Do you have loads before the inverter (non-essential loads)?

Does it happen after load shedding (i.e. when the grid comes back)?

Edited by YellowTapemeasure

Hi YellowTapemeasure

I updated my question as I had the wrong error message wording.  Apparently there is a communication fault between the battery and the inverter.  Have asked the installer to come and have a look.

Thank you

Hi YellowTapemeasure

The error code was F58 BMS Communication Fault.  I typed the code out incorrectly in my first message.

We have all our lights, fridges, televisions, microwave, kettle, pool pump and all electrical outlets on the inverter (batter is mostly charged by solar).  Only the geysers and oven are on Eskom.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Celeste said:

Hi YellowTapemeasure

The error code was F58 BMS Communication Fault.  I typed the code out incorrectly in my first message.

We have all our lights, fridges, televisions, microwave, kettle, pool pump and all electrical outlets on the inverter (batter is mostly charged by solar).  Only the geysers and oven are on Eskom.

Thanks

That's actually wierd, because the Sunsynk manual states  F58 is a Grid Current High fault:

image.thumb.png.57fe7ce49e29b3013e776f042fd332ff.png

• 4 months later...
El 18/7/2021 a las 7:11, MENOS dijo:

Hola a todos,

Sunsynk instalado recientemente (5 semanas funcionando correctamente e impresionado con la máquina). Esta mañana descartó los códigos (revisé foros y manuales) y me preguntó si alguien los había visto antes. Sospecho que la mala alimentación de la red tiene algo que ver; Veré cómo funciona esta noche nuevamente.

Sunsynk 5Kw

2 x Pylontech US3000C

10x JA 455

(Usado en áreas con medidor Prepago)

Esperando que alguien pueda ayudar con:

1. ¿Alguien ha visto alguno de los códigos antes? En particular F03. Además, por qué F13 aparece continuamente cada 2/3 minutos antes de que aparezca DC Low. Podría estar relacionado con esto, pero ¿qué impediría que el inversor cambie a la red cuando las baterías alcancen el tiempo de uso especificado SOC (por ejemplo, un 35% menos)? ¿La configuración del inversor filtra la mala red?

2. Bobina CT - He visto los videos - Tengo el software antiguo. El software tiene una señal "HM" para mostrar la potencia y esto refleja una potencia negativa, lo que entiendo que significa que lo instalaron de manera incorrecta. Sé que dice claramente CT en el nuevo software, ¿lo que confirma mi suposición de que solía ser "HM" en las pantallas antiguas? Estoy configurado en Exportación cero> Carga solo, así que espero que no haya impacto. Corregirá la bobina CT y también cambiará a carga HM.

3. Al exportar una vez que la batería está llena a elementos no esenciales, esto es SÓLO exceso de energía solar, ¿verdad? Es decir, los elementos no esenciales no consumirán batería.

4. Las funciones de mi tiempo de uso se incluyen a continuación. Los modificaré un poco para eliminar la carga; Sin embargo, ¿qué pasaría si cambiara el 35% para decir: 50% en todas las líneas que tienen 35%? Y la Red se disparó. ¿La configuración del tiempo de uso significaría que no podría usar mi energía si mis baterías estuvieran bajas al 50%? ¿O el tiempo de uso se anula cuando se apaga la red?

Gracias, disculpas si se han preguntado en otro lugar. ¿Alguien ha recibido la versión beta del nuevo registrador de datos? Interesado en saber pensamientos.

Saludos y gracias de antemano.

Tiempo de uso:

B2E54F51-006B-4143-8839-77F1A6299D50.jpeg

Códigos de error: la cuadrícula de notas estaba cayendo cuando se tomó la foto. Sospecho que una mala red provocó esto, pero no estoy seguro de por qué el inversor no cambió a la red cuando las baterías alcanzaron el 35%.

Hola.

¿Conseguiste solucionar el problema? Tengo el mismo problema desde hace unos meses (F03 y F13) en un inversor PowMr Hvm 5.5 Kw, he leído que posiblemente sea la placa principal pero no estoy seguro. 

Un saludo.

• 4 months later...