Sunsynk settings to tick or not

Cbf

My question has been well explained many times but I'm still not getting it. 

If I have a timer band set for 50% unticked, the system will run on battery until 50% then grid comes in and keeps it at 50%.

If I have it ticked at 50% I will run on battery til 50% reached then if battery goes below 50% grid will charge to 50%

I don't see any difference, please explain. 

Also if I want to export only 5 or 10% of the battery when it is at 100% and only if my panels are producing how should I set things? 

Many thanks 

The system mode screen centres around the loads, and uses battery SoC.

Thus

• A timer band set to 50%, AND:
    • If the battery is below 50%,:
      • The inverter will charge the battery to 50% (from solar) AND
        • if there is excess solar power, it will continue to charge the battery (to full if there is enough solar), regardless of SoC AND
        • It will also service loads. Battery charge / Load priority is dependent on the "Priority loads" tickbox
          • If loads exceed solar power, it will draw additional energy from Grid / Gen.
      • If Grid or Gen is ticked, it will use Solar / Grid / Gen or a combination to charge the battery and service loads.
        • Battery charge / Load priority is dependent on the "Priority loads" tickbox.
    • If the battery is above 50%:
      • It ignores Grid / Gen ticks; and
      • The inverter will use battery to service loads, (in preference to Grid / Gen) until 50% is reached, after which then it will use Grid / Gen to service loads.