SunSynk 5kw buzz

Donovanvdb

Question

Hi All,

Would like to find out if any of you with the 5Kw Sunsynk's "only heatsink no fans"  have the same noise when the inverter gets a little hot?

I can hear the buzz from outside of the garage, sound like a hair clipper got into the inverter, there is even a small vibration on the case.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

First time I see there is no fan.

I sometime run independent PC fans from the top to avoid the internal fan switching on.

The PC fans are much quieter than the internal fan (my inverter is in my house).

Vassen made a frame from some Perspex that could be place on top - sure if you search the forum you will find the picture. (although I cannot see a single post from him now)

4 hours ago, Donovanvdb said:

Hi All,

Would like to find out if any of you with the 5Kw Sunsynk's "only heatsink no fans"  have the same noise when the inverter gets a little hot?

I can hear the buzz from outside of the garage, sound like a hair clipper got into the inverter, there is even a small vibration on the case.

Thanks

Just a quick update. The Internal PV cables was touching the internal fan.