10mm flat twin & earth wire

McAllstar

22 hours ago, Gnome said:

Honestly 10mm T&E is not something I think a lot of people use.  You'll definitely have more luck calling a bunch of electrical suppliers.

Copper is at an all time high, so expect to pay a lot of money for it. (online looks like R7k for 100m)

Thanks a mil bud. Was crazy expensive. I eventually ended up changing the installation location so now I only have an 8m length so I bought 10m of 6mm flat twin and earth. 

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys. Yes this shortage on 10mm cable is ridiculous. I use them on al the 5kva inverter installations feom db to inverter and back as the 6mm max current is just too low. So please let me know what you guys use for 5 and 7kva installtions.

33 minutes ago, OttoN said:

Hi Guys. Yes this shortage on 10mm cable is ridiculous. I use them on al the 5kva inverter installations feom db to inverter and back as the 6mm max current is just too low. So please let me know what you guys use for 5 and 7kva installtions.

In my opinion 6 mm2 its ok for 5 Kva again take in consideration the length, for 7 Kva I would go for 8 or 10 mm2.

Anyway check this table.

Cable Size & Current Rating Chart (spwales.com)