Deye Inverter Latest Firmware

SmittySmit

This thread is for tracking the latest Deye Inverter firmware.

Only post the firmware details here. It is one click to start a new thread for anything else...

Format / template:

Model: Deye 8 kw single phase

Date: 1 June:

Protocol Version:V0.2.0.1

Lithium Battery Version Number:V0.0.0.0

HMI:VC.3.5.8

MAIN_1:V6.0.1.4

MAIN_2:V0.7.1.7

16 hours ago, power.esrl3 said:

So sad to see these kind of topics due to lack of documentation from the manufacturer.

We're playing numbers and shooting aimless here without the changelog.

Fair enough, I could tell you what I noticed changed in the interface but the firmware was upgrade from version 3.* to 6.x so I can't tell you in what version the changes were introduced.

I also noticed that other than the HMI (Human Machine Interface??) version, the other main firmware version numbers match exactly with what the Sunynk thread has as the latest.

On the positive side I did send them one email and the next day they confirmed the serial number and then performed the firmware update so they are at least quick about it.

I can also reveal that no problems have been observed with the new version. The batteries charge when there is grid power and discharge to supply the load when the grid power is interrupted. There are no solar panels in this setup so I can not provide observations on their function before and after the firmware upgrade.

2 hours ago, SmittySmit said:

Fair enough, I could tell you what I noticed changed in the interface but the firmware was upgrade from version 3.* to 6.x so I can't tell you in what version the changes were introduced.

I also noticed that other than the HMI (Human Machine Interface??) version, the other main firmware version numbers match exactly with what the Sunynk thread has as the latest.

On the positive side I did send them one email and the next day they confirmed the serial number and then performed the firmware update so they are at least quick about it.

I can also reveal that no problems have been observed with the new version. The batteries charge when there is grid power and discharge to supply the load when the grid power is interrupted. There are no solar panels in this setup so I can not provide observations on their function before and after the firmware upgrade.

Im glad you started this thread although there is already for sunsynk which in my opinion is identical in main firmware, only HMI will vary, so I could track if there is an update.

I'm a guy that if there is a firmware update, then it literally means there is an update to atleast improvement if not fix. Some people are "aint broke aint fix". But for me, I wont wait to encounter the problem that a firmware update made to fix that "not yet encountered problem".

Before, the only way you could update is thru distributors. I once had this funny experience from a distributor that I requested an update and told me "dont, its just a change in version numbers" 😄. Hey, he is not wrong, we dont get documentation, so we assume its just changes in versioning according to that distributor. That was when the 9.9a clipping issue for 5kW. I insisted, so it fixed the 9.9a clipping and he is now using it to promote sales.

17 minutes ago, power.esrl3 said:

Im glad you started this thread although there is already for sunsynk which in my opinion is identical in main firmware, only HMI will vary, so I could track if there is an update.

I'm a guy that if there is a firmware update, then it literally means there is an update to atleast improvement if not fix. Some people are "aint broke aint fix". But for me, I wont wait to encounter the problem that a firmware update made to fix that "not yet encountered problem".

Before, the only way you could update is thru distributors. I once had this funny experience from a distributor that I requested an update and told me "dont, its just a change in version numbers" 😄. Hey, he is not wrong, we dont get documentation, so we assume its just changes in versioning according to that distributor. That was when the 9.9a clipping issue for 5kW. I insisted, so it fixed the 9.9a clipping and he is now using it to promote sales.

That distributor had no clue whatsoever with his statement of "it's just a change in version numbers". People really should make sure they know what they are talking about before spreading nonsense like that.

The version numbers exist to keep track of the differences in the compiled software code that runs on embedded devices, i.e., firmware. Those differences include things like new features and bug fixes. The manufacturers who release new versions are not releasing them for fun. They have to pay expensive salaries to software and hardware engineers to figure out and fix those bugs, develop new features and then verify that they are working as expected without breaking something else. I noticed at least two changes in the interface between the two versions.

The one thing where people get scared of firmware updates is that if you mess up the update process, e.g., by interrupting it or using the wrong firmware then you can render the device inoperable or "bricked". Over the years I have worked with a lot equipment that had firmware in it. I have performed so many updates that it may well be in the high three figures if not the four figure range...

I have "bricked" exactly one personal device when I forced the firmware for a different piece of hardware on it. To "unbrick" it I had to solder some pins onto the PCB to be able to connect a serial cable and resurrect it by installing the correct firmware on it. Prior to that I had managed to resurrect multiple pieces of hardware at work that were considered broken by following the recovery process to update the firmware on them. That certainly saved buying new ones.

Don't tell anyone but if the underlying firmware is the same then it may be possible to flash a Deye with Sunsynk firmware and vice versa. If anyone gets hold of the actual firmware files for the same main version for each brand I'll see if I can unpack them and verify if the contents are identical and not just the version numbers. That assumes of course that the firmware is distributed in separate files or the separate files are bundled together in a way that can be unpacked. This is one possible reason why a manufacturers may not want to make the firmware files available for download. 😉

13 minutes ago, SmittySmit said:

That distributor had no clue whatsoever with his statement of "it's just a change in version numbers". People really should make sure they know what they are talking about before spreading nonsense like that.

The version numbers exist to keep track of the differences in the compiled software code that runs on embedded devices, i.e., firmware. Those differences include things like new features and bug fixes. The manufacturers who release new versions are not releasing them for fun. They have to pay expensive salaries to software and hardware engineers to figure out and fix those bugs, develop new features and then verify that they are working as expected without breaking something else. I noticed at least two changes in the interface between the two versions.

The one thing where people get scared of firmware updates is that if you mess up the update process, e.g., by interrupting it or using the wrong firmware then you can render the device inoperable or "bricked". Over the years I have worked with a lot equipment that had firmware in it. I have performed so many updates that it may well be in the high three figures if not the four figure range...

I have "bricked" exactly one personal device when I forced the firmware for a different piece of hardware on it. To "unbrick" it I had to solder some pins onto the PCB to be able to connect a serial cable and resurrect it by installing the correct firmware on it. Prior to that I had managed to resurrect multiple pieces of hardware at work that were considered broken by following the recovery process to update the firmware on them. That certainly saved buying new ones.

Don't tell anyone but if the underlying firmware is the same then it may be possible to flash a Deye with Sunsynk firmware and vice versa. If anyone gets hold of the actual firmware files for the same main version for each brand I'll see if I can unpack them and verify if the contents are identical and not just the version numbers. That assumes of course that the firmware is distributed in separate files or the separate files are bundled together in a way that can be unpacked. This is one possible reason why a manufacturers may not want to make the firmware files available for download. 😉

You nailed everything what I wanted to say sir! Yes, the risk of updating firmware is quite high if you dont know what you are doing.

All the things I have read so far for Deye update especially for 5kW is HMI, improvement to MPPT, configurable output voltage and what not.

• 1 month later...

I don't have release notes and the only other way to figure out what visible changes took place is to look very carefully at two different versions and note the differences.

If anyone every has a specific "XYZ" problem when running one version of the firmware that is then resolved when Deye support updates their inverter to a newer version containing the fix then they would be able to report that the new version contains fix for "XYZ" version.

I would recommend asking politely for a copy of the release notes. However, as someone who has compiled release notes, not everything that gets changed makes it into the release notes. Also developers seem to not enjoy writing release notes. 😄

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone help me with an issue with my Deye 8kw inverter?

Inverter was installed 2 days ago and now it is not working properly. Inverter stays in standby mode and does not charge batteries.

This happened after a firmware update was requested. The Deye Technician accidentally flashed the unit with 5kw firmware and then reflashed it with the 8kw firmware.

Does anyone here have the firmware files even it is outdated.

Deye service department stopped responding after they flashed my inverter with the wrong firmware.

Their last mail was "We have replaced the firmware for you. Please check whether there will be any alarm". this was Friday morning 07:01, Radio silence from then even after more than 14 mails to countless contacts.

13 hours ago, Purgatory_ZA said:

Can someone help me with an issue with my Deye 8kw inverter?

Inverter was installed 2 days ago and now it is not working properly. Inverter stays in standby mode and does not charge batteries.

This happened after a firmware update was requested. The Deye Technician accidentally flashed the unit with 5kw firmware and then reflashed it with the 8kw firmware.

Does anyone here have the firmware files even it is outdated.

Deye service department stopped responding after they flashed my inverter with the wrong firmware.

Their last mail was "We have replaced the firmware for you. Please check whether there will be any alarm". this was Friday morning 07:01, Radio silence from then even after more than 14 mails to countless contacts.

I think that is why they are afraid of releasing firmwares publicly, because they themselves can f*ck up.

I mean really? How in the hell would the firmware update push through if the file is not for the specific hardware? Dont they have some checksum checking?

You should file warranty claim.

I'm afraid this will cause them to stop their willingness to update firmwares to people who just want updated firmware without problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello All

so i contacted deye directly via email and asked for the bin files for the SUN-5K-SG03LP1-EU inverter.

they then emailed me a 1 line response and 2 bin files. i am now not sure which one is for the inverter software and which is the inverter firmware.

the file names are:

MCU1-SG-VerC35D-CK(1).bin

SG_5K_MCU2_V3382-NR.bin

has anybody done a manual upgrade before and know what deye's naming convention is?

regards

not yet. Its not that I cant its that Im a little scared to blindly update it seen to many people having issues with deye updates so was hoping somebody could confirm their version numbers to give me a little more confidence.

the C35D is likely the software

and V3382 is the firmware.

but hey

15 minutes ago, Woodyza said:

not yet. Its not that I cant its that Im a little scared to blindly update it seen to many people having issues with deye updates so was hoping somebody could confirm their version numbers to give me a little more confidence.

the C35D is likely the software

and V3382 is the firmware.

but hey

I was shared a bin files before, but I have not managed to get the latest. I would appreciate it if you could share the files. I kinda want to hoard these files for future reference.

They explained to me before that the mcu bin is for the lcd, and the other one is for the main board. They suggested that you update the lcd first to avoid reboot, then finally the board (3382). You use the logger's webpage. Proceed at your own risk though. Better to ask them first for confirmation.

I believe the latest is 3382 c35d for deye 5k. You can check the sticky thread in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2023/02/23 at 11:10 AM, krugerjq said:

Model: Deye 5 kW single phase

Date: 16 February 2023:

Version Information
HMI:VC.3.5.D
MAIN:3382-1515

Hi,  I just installed a new Deye inverter 27th of Feb 2023. My info for firmware is the same however the MAIN: shows 3381-1515.  You sure it is 3382-1515

On 2023/03/03 at 4:16 PM, LudwigL said:

Hi,  I just installed a new Deye inverter 27th of Feb 2023. My info for firmware is the same however the MAIN: shows 3381-1515.  You sure it is 3382-1515

I got mine 3rd March, same version as yours. Emailed Deye support but still waiting for a response. Why aren't these files just available from their website? I'll post it here if they eventually send it.

22/03 Update: Firmware was updated on 20th March, remotely by Deye, to 3382-1515.

Edited by RaeesD

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022/06/01 at 9:06 PM, SmittySmit said:

This thread is for tracking the latest Deye Inverter firmware.

Only post the firmware details here. It is one click to start a new thread for anything else...

Format / template:

Model: Deye 8 kw single phase

Date: 1 June:

Lithium Battery Version Number:V0.0.0.0

HMI:VC.3.5.8

MAIN_1:V6.0.1.4

MAIN_2:V0.7.1.7

Hi All

What is the procedure to upgrade the firmware and what do you need?

Is a special cable required? Where do I plug the cable in?

Do you need specific software?

I asked the Deye support team to update my 8Kw inverter, they said that they could not and sent two files to me.