Problem with Earth Leakage during load shedding

Hi Guys

I have a number of appliances in my house (vacuum cleaner for example) that cause the earth leakage to trip when we run them during load shedding. 

They however run just fine when we are grid attached and don't trip the earth leakage. 

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?  

34 minutes ago, Sc00bs said:

Hi Guys

I have a number of appliances in my house (vacuum cleaner for example) that cause the earth leakage to trip when we run them during load shedding. 

They however run just fine when we are grid attached and don't trip the earth leakage. 

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?  

Are you sure all your neutrals are split correctly? Do you have a plug tester that you can use to check the threshold in both cases?

Sunsynk 8kw

It does have neutral/earth bonding but it is not using a relay, so I assume that the installer just put a jumper in somewhere to bridge the Earth/Netral as they had to come back once I worked out that it had a floating neutral.  

Sounds like the prime suspect is something to do with the Earth/Neutral bond

11 minutes ago, Sc00bs said:

Sunsynk 8kw

It does have neutral/earth bonding but it is not using a relay, so I assume that the installer just put a jumper in somewhere to bridge the Earth/Netral as they had to come back once I worked out that it had a floating neutral.  

Sounds like the prime suspect is something to do with the Earth/Neutral bond

Yea you are not supposed to do it like that you have to use a relay /ATS240. You will definitely get lots of nuisance tripping with it hard bonded like that.