Logging power consumption...

Shaunj187za

*Please note I have changed the Topic description 

Good day All, I'm very new to this. I'm looking for device that will allow me to pull logs. Specifically Amp's.

I have seen devices that can give historical logs in kWh but that won't help me. I need to know what is the max Amp's pulled on which day of the week and what hour of the day

What is on the market,what are you guys using? Recommendations please

Regards 

Edited by Shaunj187za

4 hours ago, Shaunj187za said:

Good day All, I'm very new to this. I'm looking for a mains circut breaker that will allow me to pull logs. Specifically Amp's.

I have seen breakers logging kWh but that won't help me.

What is on the market,what are you guys using?

Regards 

Like the CBI Astutes?

image.thumb.jpeg.5ea4fc9c8746a2e488737175a1ea6eba.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Scorp007 said:

If one opens their APP do the values update within 5sec or is there a longish delay to see the current values?

Seems to be 1-2seconds,i've used these types of breakers to monitor power consumption live as devices are switched on and off

42 minutes ago, PsyWulf said:

Seems to be 1-2seconds,i've used these types of breakers to monitor power consumption live as devices are switched on and off

Thank you. I have found the Sonoff used to be good but after a few updates I feel like dumping the pow2.

I would leave home and 45min later when I open the APP it would still show the status before I switched something at home. It would even show the power being used by the item I switched off. While looking at the APP I can switch something or adjust the load of equipment and it would take up to 15 sec to respond. I can view the daily graph and go back to the current power reading and it has still not updated.

Newer software is not always better.

1 hour ago, Scorp007 said:

Thank you. I have found the Sonoff used to be good but after a few updates I feel like dumping the pow2.

I would leave home and 45min later when I open the APP it would still show the status before I switched something at home. It would even show the power being used by the item I switched off. While looking at the APP I can switch something or adjust the load of equipment and it would take up to 15 sec to respond. I can view the daily graph and go back to the current power reading and it has still not updated.

Newer software is not always better.

Haven't noticed the same but then again I only experimented with Ewelink (Sonoff) Found my preference to be Smartlifehome (Tuya) like this

@Shaunj187za correct, yes I do have one installed here by me. ALthough it is not a breaker or Wi-Fi as you actually requested, but in my opinion one of the best (Read most accurate) loggers. I started off by logging to PC, currently just using it to log to the Pi.

Data via Serial:

Current 0.001 A
Voltage 0.1 V
Power 0.1 W or var
Frequency 0.1Hz
PF 0.001
Energies (positive) 0.1 kWh or kvarh
Energies (negative) 0.1 kWh or kvarh
Run hour meter 0.01 h

Sample rate for data is 4096 samples/s @ 50Hz

I set my logging for (per second) that operates sufficiently for me with what I need, so all values return every second.

R

• Shaunj187za changed the title to Logging power consumption...