Battery Balancer/Monitor

Stephan

Here is another video of a guy modifying a Powerstar (looks like the same thing again) with a toroidal transformer to get better quiescent consumption.

Something else I thought of, since this is an old-school inverter with a fixed boost stage, the output voltage will be proportional to the input, ie it will sag quite a bit as the batteries discharge. To put it in perspective, there is a whole 25% difference between absorption voltage (28.8V) and empty (21V), so your output could easily vary by as much as 60 volts, say from 180V to 240V or however the designers decided to handle this. It probably wont matter in this application :-)

On 6/3/2017 at 6:01 PM, plonkster said:

Here is another video of a guy modifying a Powerstar (looks like the same thing again) with a toroidal transformer to get better quiescent consumption.

Something else I thought of, since this is an old-school inverter with a fixed boost stage, the output voltage will be proportional to the input, ie it will sag quite a bit as the batteries discharge. To put it in perspective, there is a whole 25% difference between absorption voltage (28.8V) and empty (21V), so your output could easily vary by as much as 60 volts, say from 180V to 240V or however the designers decided to handle this. It probably wont matter in this application :-)

I have worked on the Powersta inverters quite a bit and haven't noticed this happening at all. The output generally stays fixed at 230V

2 hours ago, SilverNodashi said:

I have worked on the Powersta inverters quite a bit and haven't noticed this happening at all. The output generally stays fixed at 230V

Maybe they have a trick up their sleeves then :-)