Axpert Firmware 73.00

Garthvs

Morning All

Does anyone know of a link to the latest firmware for the Axpert 5kVA / PIP 4048 ?  I have spent a significant amount of time searching the Internet without success.

I have 72.70 but would like to test a newer version.

Garth

• 1 year later...

Main and SCC firmware are available from this AEVA site; use the index in the first post:

http://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4332&p=53691#p53691

[ Edit: oops. It looks like we might not host the latest SCC firmware version 4.10. But we no longer recommend updating the SCC firmware anyway. ]

If you want unpatched factory firmware for whatever reason, these are contained in the patched zip files. For example, inside dsp_LF1_73.00c.zip, there is a file called dsp_original_73.00.hex. If you delete dsp.hex and rename dsp_original_73.00.hex to dsp.hex, then you'll get the factory firmware, not the patched. Similarly, you can delete dsp.hex and copy dsp_LF1_73.00c.hex to dsp.hex, and you'll get the patched firmware next time you update. This copying is needed because the updating firmware (not patched or changed in any way) only looks for the fixed file name "dsp.hex".

Edited by Coulomb

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Chris Knipe said:

Coulomb,

Would you still not recommend upgrading SCC firmware in the event that it is very old?  I'm on 1.24 currently.  Main has successfully been upgraded to 72.40.

Yes, 1.24 is fine, even with factory firmware 72.40. 72.40 still limits SCC charge current to 60 A. 72.70 factory firmware, however, only limits to 80 A, so some odd things might happen with factory firmware of 72.70 or later with 60 A hardware. I don't believe it will ever overload the SCC, however. Our patched firmware limits the SCC charge current to 60 A if the SCC version is earlier than 4.10, so it's safe with all combinations of hardware capability (60 A or 80 A), and firmware versions (1.24, 4.00, and 4.10). It's not been tested against SCC firmware version 4.12, as far as I know.

23 minutes ago, Etienne Kakamas said:

The od one have 73-00-b firmware and the other 2 have 74-10 firmware. Where can I get the 74-10 firmware?

Are you saying that the new one has 73.00b? That would be interesting. But I think you mean the new one has 74.10 and the old ones have 73.00b.

It's a real issue. You can ask for 74.10 from your supplier, but I'm not certain it will work with the old hardware; probably it will allow the old hardware to run at 5 kW continuous, which it can't handle. So I think you need 73.00 or 73.00b/c for the new inverter, but again it's not certain that this will work. It's also uncertain that your supplier can get the story straight.

Presumably, you have 73.00b from installing it in your old machines. You can always get it from the AEVA PIP-4048 topic; just use the index to find 73.00c. I'd update the others to 73.00c while you are at it, but I don't believe it's essential.

Edited by Coulomb
73.00b -> 73.00b/c

LOL, no I bought the 3 inverters with the 74-10 firmware, the replacement one is a older model.  It is just that I feel it is not good to downgrade the 74 10's to an older firmware of witch I am not certain that it will work.  My supplier is not very willing to help. But I will contact them again.  Thanks for the info 

• 1 year later...

Did you get hold of 74-10?.  I have one with 72-60 and one with 74-10.  The will not speak to each other in parallel; and in addition the 72-60 does not support battery equalization, whereas the 74-10 does it.  I really cannot afford a new lithium battery set.  My supplier says they do not have 74-10.  Voltronic does not bother to reply to e-mails.  So much for product support!

5 hours ago, P@pkop said:

Did you get hold of 74-10?.  I have one with 72-60 and one with 74-10.

Firmware version 74.40 is available here; I believe that 74.40 is a later version of 74.10:

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/431-axpert-back-to-grid-solar-voltages/?do=findComment&comment=62213

It is known that 72.70 and 74.10 can parallel. So you could update your 72.60 model to 72.70; that should parallel with your 74.10 machine. You could if you wanted update your 74.10 to 74.40. It would be good to verify that 72.70 and 74.40 are compatible.

[ Edit: WARNING: there is no way to revert back to 74.10. I believe that 72.70 and 74.30 do NOT parallel (see this post), so either they messed up 74.30, or maybe 74.40 won't parallel with 72.70 either. So this is risky, unless someone else can verify that it works. ]

Or you could wait for patched firmware version 74.40e; it should be available (at least in beta form) soon. Then you could run patched 72.70e with patched 74.40e.

Edited by Coulomb