Sunsynk settings

Redge

Could someone please help, I am used to the logic of other axpert inverters like Synapse and Growatt, but I am a bit slow in understanding the settings as explained in the Sunsynk manual. I have a sunsynk 5kw inverter with 5350w panels on the roof and one Hubble X101 battery. The system works great and the comms between batt and inverter is working, but I don't know how to set it up to do the following:

1. The battery must only be used during load shedding, but we don't ever have LS so the battery is there only in case something goes wrong with the utility supply.

2. The solar must only charge the battery for a half hour or so to top it up if necessary, maybe 11am to 11.30 am?

3. The solar must supply my load as first priority (all my essential loads are wired through a change over to except power from the inverter)

4. When solar is not enough the utility must provide power to the load.

5. From 12pm to 3 pm the excess solar power must export to the grid.

Can someone please tell me how to set the "program charge and discharge" settings to do this and any other settings I may have to set?

Just one last question - if the battery is set to Lithium, is it still necessary to set SOC or batt shut down or low batt or charge/discharge amps etc?

Any help would be much appreciated

Redge

31 minutes ago, Redge said:

Could someone please help, I am used to the logic of other axpert inverters like Synapse and Growatt, but I am a bit slow in understanding the settings as explained in the Sunsynk manual. I have a sunsynk 5kw inverter with 5350w panels on the roof and one Hubble X101 battery. The system works great and the comms between batt and inverter is working, but I don't know how to set it up to do the following:

1. The battery must only be used during load shedding, but we don't ever have LS so the battery is there only in case something goes wrong with the utility supply.

2. The solar must only charge the battery for a half hour or so to top it up if necessary, maybe 11am to 11.30 am?

3. The solar must supply my load as first priority (all my essential loads are wired through a change over to except power from the inverter)

4. When solar is not enough the utility must provide power to the load.

5. From 12pm to 3 pm the excess solar power must export to the grid.

Can someone please tell me how to set the "program charge and discharge" settings to do this and any other settings I may have to set?

Just one last question - if the battery is set to Lithium, is it still necessary to set SOC or batt shut down or low batt or charge/discharge amps etc?

Redge

I am sure those in the know will answer.

Just my comment to pay for lithium and not cycle them during the night using timer settings to keep the battery at about 40% SOC is a bit of a waste.

Do read up in the inverter section and you will find many screen shots of how people do run their Sunsynk. Try to unlearn the modes that you used on the Axpert. 🤔🤔

@Redge

Your last question. Yes you still set the maxim charge /discharge for the battery being used. You also can use % or volts to set the various levels of discharge to alarm etc. By using the timer you can set different discharge levels at different times of the day. Here you can also set that grid charge only to happen say during the night if battery is discharged too low. You can also use a grid charge to top up the battery say @ 16h00 before the last sun to ensure you have a good SOC to get through the night until PV charge can take over. This is a major plus for the Sunsynk as you don't use a fixed setting as per Axpert but time of the day.

22 hours ago, Redge said:

1. The battery must only be used during load shedding, but we don't ever have LS so the battery is there only in case something goes wrong with the utility supply. - this kinda defeats the purpose of point 2 below but you can keep your battery topped up to 100% by unticking time of use on System > Work Mode 1

2. The solar must only charge the battery for a half hour or so to top it up if necessary, maybe 11am to 11.30 am? - why only for that limited time? Regardless -  System mode > Work Mode 1 > tick time of use > set you battery percentage for between 10 and 11:30 to 70%, un-tick grid charge for that timeslot. Battery will be topped up by solar (if not already full and if load is greater than solar)

3. The solar must supply my load as first priority (all my essential loads are wired through a change over to except power from the inverter) - System Mode > Work mode 2 > Priority Load

4. When solar is not enough the utility must provide power to the load.- inverter does this automatically - no need to change anything. 

5. From 12pm to 3 pm the excess solar power must export to the grid. - i'm not sure that this is possible from the current functionality. You can set it to export when battery is full but i do not think you can set it to do that on a timer. If you have something like Solar Assistant and Home Assistant then you could manage it that way

Just one last question - if the battery is set to Lithium, is it still necessary to set SOC or batt shut down or low batt or charge/discharge amps etc? - yes it is. Battery shutdown is the level the inverter system will shutdown when the battery reaches that point - so think of a day when there is no solar and no grid, battery will deplete to this level and then shut the system down. Low battery is a level the battery will sound an alarm that its running low but will continue to power the loads. again only really an issue if there is no sun and no grid. Chrge and Discharge amps should be managed by the BMS.

Redge

hope this helps ^ answers in orange