Kodak OG-PLUS 6.2 Firmware

RoTGoT66

Hi All, 

I hope I am posting in the correct section. I have some questions on the system below:

1. Kodak 5KW OGX5.48 Inverter
2. 4x Pylontech us2000C 2.4kwh batteries
3. 12x JA Solar 380W Mono Panels, connected in 2 sets of 6 panels in parallel. 
4. 1 x Centurion Solar Pi system

Settings: 
1. Program2: 80A
2. Program5: USE
3. Program12: 48V
4. Program13: 51V
5. Program26: 53.2V
6. Program27: 53.0V
7. Program 29: 46V

My questions:
1. Is the config correct? 
2. Is the settings correct? 
3. The blue screen on the inverter never shows the batteries full, is this an issue?
4. The centurion solar show the batteries full at around 53V, is this correct?

On 2022/12/12 at 7:59 PM, PhillipvdM said:

1. Is the config correct? 

You presumably have a removable display, so you would have the option of connecting a cable between the inverter and the battery BMS. This would offer additional protections.

2. Is the settings correct? 

You are using the battery manufacturer's recommended voltages, which (perhaps surprisingly) are too high for these inverters, since they tend to overshoot. I would use the settings from this long suffering diagram:

image.png

With 4 x US2000, you could change setting 02 to 100 A, if your inverter allows it.

3. The blue screen on the inverter never shows the batteries full, is this an issue?

No, it's approximate for lead acid batteries, and almost worthless for LFP batteries. Just use the BMS SoC values.

4. The centurion solar show the batteries full at around 53V, is this correct?

At that voltage, they'll certainly be full, yes. But they will be full enough at 52.5 V.

Edited by Coulomb

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I have just purchased one of these inverters, working like a charm.

Are there any further updates to the firmware, I see this post is around a year old so perhaps things have changed?

Hi @Coulomb or anyone with simular experance.

I have attempted to upgrade the firmware of my Kodak to version 50.13 and seem to be having and issue that with a fair amount of searching that no one has experianced.

Plugged in USB to Serial (on windows 11 PC, com1 port)  and connect that to the Serial to RS232 on the inverter side. Run the AxpertKINGReflash.exe excutable, make certain com1 is select and select update, the inverter shows the below image then I get the error "Can not open serial port step 2"

Screenshot2024-01-13101057.png.15c38ddfc8fd448ca23208a4355a9ca5.pngIMG_20240113_101019.thumb.jpg.08d8143e41cf0f5991594205d2af2c01.jpg

I see that there is method where you can copy the dsp.hex file to a usb drive and connect that the inverter with a USB to USB OTG cable.
I user on this forum has had sucess with this before

Is this reliable method?

Hi All

I have managed to update the firmware of my inverter.

I purchased a cheap 2GB flashdrive and a USB to USB OTG converter. I copied the dsp.hex from the zip that @Coulomb provided in this topic to the usb drive, plugged it in and ran the update from the front panel of the inverter, the 1st update must have taken 20 min or so. Once the inverter restarted I got error 32 which is a "Communication failure between inverter and display panel"

I have access to the distributer's portal and on there was a file called Remote Panel_Reflash_MCU(52.07) for the kodak 6.2. I have attached this rar.

I copied the mcu.hex file to the flash and ran the update again ( I had to have both the dsp.dex and mcu.hex on the flash drive otherwise the update would not start).

This time it started with out an issue.

Interestingly the firmware versions report by watch power do not match up to the any of the versions on the update files. How ever the main cpu has changed from 68.03 to 68.11.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e189d479d41bd28838e33659dde0101.jpeg

Update process.

image.png.5a66078a7c86e0c5c30b3cc09de7c60a.png

Remote Panel_Reflash_MCU(52.07).rar

20 hours ago, uDuWaR said:

Plugged in USB to Serial (on windows 11 PC, com1 port)  and connect that to the Serial to RS232 on the inverter side.

Are you sure that your USB to serial port adapter appears on port COM1? Often COM1 and COM2 are special; in the early days these were physical comm ports.

What brand of USB to serial adapter is it? Some brands work better than others. Some perfectly good adapters (for other purposes) just don't seem to work with the reflash tool.

Finally, is the reflash tool the one from the Axpert King II rar/7z/zip file? I may have provided the wrong reflash tool. It looks like you were using an Axpert King 1 reflash tool (though maybe they look exactly the same); I'm pretty sure that the tools are slightly different, issuing a different command. But I would not expect that to result in the error you saw.

37 minutes ago, uDuWaR said:

I copied the mcu.hex file to the flash and ran the update again ( I had to have both the dsp.dex and mcu.hex on the flash drive otherwise the update would not start).

This time it started with out an issue.

You can't update the display firmware using USB. All the USB library code is in the main part of the display firmware, and that is erased at the start of an MCU reflash. So what I believe happened is that the first DSP update failed for some reason, and the second update read the dsp.hex file (NOT the mcu.hex file), and restarted the DSP reflash. That explains why the MCU firmware version didn't change.

But all my Axpert King II firmwares are 50.xx, not 68.xx, so I don't know what happened there.

42 minutes ago, uDuWaR said:

I have attached this rar.

Thanks. I hope to have time to look at it soon.

1 hour ago, Coulomb said:

Are you sure that your USB to serial port adapter appears on port COM1?

Yes pretty certain, I did attempt and update on COM7 and COM1 multiple times. all with the same step 2 error.

What brand of USB to serial adapter is it?

No certain @Coulomb Got it from a friend, looks pretty generic, no markings on it at all.

IMG_20240116_173248.thumb.jpg.4e9c3d63ebeb52307ca47e3ad3e55e16.jpg

Finally, is the reflash tool the one from the Axpert King II rar/7z/zip file?

Yep.

55 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

So what I believe happened is that the first DSP update failed for some reason, and the second update read the dsp.hex file (NOT the mcu.hex file), and restarted the DSP reflash. That explains why the MCU firmware version didn't change.

Yes this is a possibility, I did run the USB update 3 times each with the same error 32 result and as soon as I added the mcu.hex it worked. Not surprised, these things seem to be a little finniky.

Main reason for the update it that I am getting an MPPT output drop, which I am hoping that the update will resolve. Will report back to see if it's resolved.

Edited by uDuWaR