PylonTech US3000C Battery Produces No Output , Accepts No Charge

BritishRacingGreen

Just now, PurePower said:

Warranty claim?

I know someone with the same 'problem' but its not a true reading for the cell, i monitored the pack and saw the same 4,095v high cell warning but in the cell monitor window all the cells were fine .. So i think its a BMS bug or something . Anyway he took the battery in for warranty and they told him the battery is perfectly fine .

52 minutes ago, Nexuss said:

I know someone with the same 'problem' but its not a true reading for the cell, i monitored the pack and saw the same 4,095v high cell warning but in the cell monitor window all the cells were fine .. So i think its a BMS bug or something . Anyway he took the battery in for warranty and they told him the battery is perfectly fine .

As I mentioned earlier, do you know if the battery pack voltage in the log is actually measured or is it calculated from the sum of all the cell voltages?

9 hours ago, Tinbum said:

As I mentioned earlier, do you know if the battery pack voltage in the log is actually measured or is it calculated from the sum of all the cell voltages?

I dont know , but while i was watching and saw the yellow high cell warning box the pack voltage didint change and its just for a second so the cell is definitely not actually at that voltage .

14 minutes ago, Tinbum said:

Spotted this regarding my problem of a cell over voltage.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/182659/pylontech-us3000c-us5000-internal-failure-problem.html

Anyone got 2.8 firmware? I may contact Pylotech though as if a firmware update went wrong I could come back to them.

Version 2,8 is on the forum here somewhere i think in Youda's lab thread. I just installed it last week .

14 hours ago, Tinbum said:

Spotted this regarding my problem of a cell over voltage.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/182659/pylontech-us3000c-us5000-internal-failure-problem.html

Anyone got 2.8 firmware? I may contact Pylotech though as if a firmware update went wrong I could come back to them.

All info posted above. Always use the .zip file and BatteryView 3.0.28

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, chetosvsgeez said:

Is the triggerable fuses (the ones with 3 legs) blown? 

If so it appears you had a nasty high voltage on the terminals which triggered the BMS controller to protect. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2023/02/19 at 6:22 PM, Steve87 said:

This is not for the first time I have seen Pylontechs do this. A BMS should be able to protect itself from a high voltage event. How a high voltage event can fry a BMS is beyond me. If thats the case then they need to apply a Voltage & amperage fuse to prevent this. How can a global company send out a battery that renders it in need of repair for a high voltage event. Even the cheapest BMSs sold in the DIY market will voltage protect without damage. 

Pylontech needs to improve their product. It's well below expectation at the moment. 

Is this "fit for purpose" as referred to in the consumer protection act?  I think not.  There is a need for a professional/expert to assist the purchaser in an action against a supplier.  The BMS is of no use if it protects the cells but breaks itself. 

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, FixAMess said:

Question: Was the US3000C BMS changed from the US3000A/B...

Are there any US3000A/B batteries with this issue?

Their is a post on here showing a strip down of Pylontech batteries. They are different BMS's

Edited by Tinbum