KODAK Solar Off-Grid Inverter 6.2kW 48V - AC Output 1 and Output 2 configuration and use

lcj

Hi,

I'm finding very little information on the inverter with dual AC ouput.  The marketting material mention essential and non-essential output arrangement.

Configuration 1 - Drive Essential & Non-Essential load via output 1 & 2 respectively on two seperate output circuits.

Configuration 2 - Drive Essential & Non-Essential load via output 1 & 2 together, basically combining the output power over two outputs and driving one circuit with both essential and non-essential tied together.

Configuration 3 - Drive Essential & Non-Essential load via output 1 ONLY. Does this limit the output power over the output 1 by not using output 2?

2 hours ago, lcj said:

very little information on the inverter with dual AC output.

All I know is that there are a bunch of new commands starting with PTOP that only appear in the twin models (i.e. those with the two AC outputs). There are other models, the duplex models, that have two AC input ports and presumably associated relays. I have never seen such a model or its firmware as yet.

Ok, so what would you suggest I do.  I have gone through the latest manual provided by KODAK.  I'm looking for the Axpert manual now to see if it mentions anything more specific.

For me the question is not software related, but hardware related in how the wiring can be done on the two available AC outputs.  My electrician does not have sufficient knowledge of the dual output inverter type I have and from referencing the manual to know what is a known good configuration.

What does the internals usually look like.  I've glanced over the following post that show the input / DC Bus / Output schematic.  I wonder if the total output power of 6.2KW is rated over the DC Bus, and each AC Output can provide 6.2KW by itself if the other is not used, or if both are in use, the two outputs together cannot exceed the 6.2KW?

Referring to this post: 

Axpert Schematic diagram

This is from the manual from KODAK:

Then, insert AC output wires according to polarities indicated on terminal block and tighten terminal
screws. Be sure to connect PE protective conductor (
) first.
→Ground (yellow-green)
L1→LINE (brown or black)
N1→Neutral (blue)
L2→LINE (brown or black)
N2→Neutral (blue)

14 hours ago, lcj said:

I wonder if the total output power of 6.2KW is rated over the DC Bus, and each AC Output can provide 6.2KW by itself if the other is not used, or if both are in use, the two outputs together cannot exceed the 6.2KW?

Both. It's a 6.2 kW inverter, just with two load relays, that's all. You can set up the relays to come on at various times of the day, I assume.

• 10 months later...
On 2023/03/01 at 12:04 PM, lcj said:

Hi,

I'm finding very little information on the inverter with dual AC ouput.  The marketting material mention essential and non-essential output arrangement.

Good day. I am busy with a installation with non essential loads connected to output 2. According to the description in the manual setting 60 ,61 and 62 are supposed to control output 2. But this does not happen. Output 2 is on when grid is available and off when grid is not available. If I switch off the grid it does not switch on when battery is above the set value in setting 60 or 13. I want use it for a 2kW geyser element that must be on when battery is above 90% and off when below 85% for instance. I programmed setting 60 to 85% and 61 and 62 on default setting(no timers). This does not seem to control the output. I supposed that setting 13 is when it should switch on again so I adjusted it to 95%. Can anybody give me more clarity on the working principle of output 2?