GALVANIC CORROSION/ELECTROLYSIS - PARALLEL AND SERIES CONNECTIONS OF PANELS

I am installing JA solar panels on aluminium T6 support rails.  How do I prevent galvanic corrosion and electrolysis taking place between the stainless steel nuts and bolts securing the frames to the rails?

I have 12 panels JA 454w, 6 panels are to be fitted to one side of the roof (west facing) and the other 6 on the other side (east facing).  I intend putting an 8kW inverter, please can someone advise which panels should be connected parallel and series.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Guy P said:

I have 12 panels JA 454w, 6 panels are to be fitted to one side of the roof (west facing) and the other 6 on the other side (east facing).  I intend putting an 8kW inverter, please can someone advise which panels should be connected parallel and series.

2 Strings each connected in series.
This would mostly depend on the inverter string inputs.
2 Strings each in series is mostly applicable for sunsynk type inverters or inverters usually with 400-600V specs.
If you mention the inverter brand and or specs then the clever forum folk will give more precise/accurate/relevant answers :)

17 minutes ago, Guy P said:

I am installing JA solar panels on aluminium T6 support rails.  How do I prevent galvanic corrosion and electrolysis taking place between the stainless steel nuts and bolts securing the frames to the rails?

Thank you

I have bolted my awnings that has aluminum frame with stainless steel bolts and nuts to mildsteel painted struts and i used rustech it actually works, 2 years now seems fine.

251529706_s-pdpxl.file(1).jpg.a2cf5d764620b93a0cbf8a485b8aad57.jpg

14 minutes ago, WannabeSolarSparky said:

2 Strings each connected in series.
This would mostly depend on the inverter string inputs.
2 Strings each in series is mostly applicable for sunsynk type inverters or inverters usually with 400-600V specs.
If you mention the inverter brand and or specs then the clever forum folk will give more precise/accurate/relevant answers :)

Thank you for this.  I was wanting to install and Sunsynk but they are out of stock at the moment so going to try for a Victron Quattro 8kW

18 minutes ago, Guy P said:

Thank you for this.  I was wanting to install and Sunsynk but they are out of stock at the moment so going to try for a Victron Quattro 8kW

You know you may need to add a mppt controller to that?
In which case the string setups will depend on that controller requirements.
The victron guys on the forum will be able to answer on that.

Edited by WannabeSolarSparky

15 hours ago, Guy P said:

How do I prevent galvanic corrosion and electrolysis taking place

The relative area of the two metals makes a difference.  An aluminium frame (large area) with S/S nuts and bolts (small Area) will be far less of a risk than the other way around.  But as said above, coat it to keep the surfaces at the point of contact dry (i.e. no electrolyte) and it should be OK.