What does the "G" in left bottom corner mean on a SunSynk's display?

rylan76

Hi All

We have five 3-phase SunSynk 12kw inverters running in parallel.

On each inverter's display there is a letter "G" in the left bottom corner.

This letter "G" has a circle drawn around it.

I've noticed that sometimes the "G" is in a red circle, on all the inverters.

Sometimes the "G" is in a green circle, on all the inverters.

Sometimes one inverter will have a green circled "G", other times all will have a red circled "G", and all variations in between... some have a green circle, some will have a red circle, around the "G". Sometimes all are uniform (all green or all red circles across all five inverters) sometimes all randomly  mixed.

See the attachment - surrounded by the red box and pointed to by an arrow drawn on the image.

What does this letter "G" in the left bottom corner mean?

What does the red circle and green circle that seems to randomly switch between red and green mean?

The inverters are working fine, for several months now, whether the circle is red, or green....?!

I cannot find any explanation or reference in any SunSynk manual I've managed to find.

Any ideas?

Thanks

inverter_2023_03_06_resized.jpg

Edited by rylan76

Unknown... the inverters work correctly in my case, whether there is a red or green circle. But I agree, it must mean -something- otherwise it wouldn't be there...

I've observed them in detail, cannot find any factor that I can identify that control whether the circle is red, or green. They keep working fine, red or green, doesn't matter.