Imeon 3.6 Hybrid Inverter

Mike

Time to clean out my demo's etc, to fund my purchase of 2 x 5kw SMA Sunny Islands. - Got 1 , and 1 to go

I have on my hands the following left  for sale:

1. Goodwe 5048 5kw 48volt True hybrid inverter. My trusty main unit    -   SOLD

2. Imeon 3.6 6kw 48volt true hybrid inverter.   -   on my wall at home for backup - SOLD

3. 2 x HM - 02 Battery balancers. -   SOLD

thanks

Mike

20180411_082147_resized.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike,

Lol, Nice.

Yes i am willing. One quick question i just cant seem to find a definitive answer on. The Maximum power of 6000W in the manual states for 3 seconds? Is this total combined load? i.e when the house demand is 4000W and solar is say producing 2000W, i understand that the remaining required (2000W) will be puled from the grid and/or batteries? Does this then mean i am over the 3000W (Only available for 3 seconds? or 6000W only available for 3 seconds) limit or is that just for Solar/Batteries?

Hope this makes sense?

Thank You,

Hi, No the unit will give you a max of 6kw continuous as long as there is Sun, Eskom and battery. it blends it's supply pretty well, i.e. pv first to a max of 3kw, then it will look for Eskom and draw whatever balance up to 6kw from the utility or it will in the event of an outage draw max 3kw from pv and 1kw from battery.

PV max is 3kw, battery is 1kw and Utility is 2kw

hope it helps

The Imeon has one flaw. the fan failure issue, besides that it is a workhorse. i have 87 installed of which 8 to date had fan failures in the last 4 years. it was a mission in the past, the unit had to go to the distributors for fan exchange, now days Imeon send me the fans and i am allowed to do the maintenance on them....

My biggest moan was the service of the product which seems to be resolved. I still install 1 or 2  a year of them but at the coast i now install them in a cabinet, that solves the fan failure...

I must add, all installs that i did with them that were more than 5km's from the sea, I have not had issues with. seems like sea air/ condensation causes the fan issues

my price is R15k for the unit.

no problem, one can set the bulk value as required by the battery manufacturer. it is not like the Axpert that has limitations. I have it at 57.5v at 20a if i remember correctly

• 9 months later...