axpert switches solar/grid frequently

Gabriël

hi folks,

with icc set to time control 02:00 to 17:00 solar/battery, i had the axpert switch between grid and battery 64 times with a base load of about 500w since 0200 this morning. it obviously is not that the batteries [2xpylontech] can not carry that load, what can it be? the batteries should at least be able to carry the load for 5 hours... they are in prime condition. so it must be some axpert settings?! :huh:

your help is appreciated

gridwatts.JPG

Edited by gabriel

25 minutes ago, gabriel said:

so it must be some axpert settings?!

My Guess, under load, the battery voltage goes below the value of setting 12. then it switches back to grid, with no load the voltage goes above setting 13, switches back to battery, under load voltage drop below setting 12, repeating the cycle.. I suggest, dropping the value of setting 12.. 

Ok so I did a little test. 

1. Switched the gennie on and changed program 1 to SBU so now my system is very similar to Gabriel's (I have four Pylons versus Gabriel's two). 
  2. Battery voltage was 49.5V and system switched to grid and very quickly reached 51V.
  3. At 51.1V the inverters switched to battery and with the help of a hairdryer and a 2000W heater I managed to draw the battery voltage to 48.5 V.
  4. The inverter did not switch back to grid .

At that stage I abandoned my test as discharging my batteries further seemed pointless. The trouble Gabriel is having is peculiar to his system.

thanks professor albus dumbledore & kie :D , i have found hi consumption culprits and am now on 580w [from 1000w]  load, which will come down some more later... i have set program 16 to oso and program 2 to sbu

000001.thumb.JPG.faaadcd4e8916d3f0d0d40c9f82e6cd3.JPG

although i can't get axpert to change to batteries via icc i believe things will improve and will keep you posted... i will check behavior at 0200 and if the system behaves go to sleep again, otherwise manually set to grid and go to sleep also, either way go to sleep -_-

9 hours ago, gabriel said:

thanks jaco, seems like nu 12, i'll just have to touch base on this with @Chris Hobson :)

battvolt.thumb.JPG.3eb9fd8c8369bf43df3576ee0a4c719b.JPG

50 minutes ago, gabriel said:

, i have found hi consumption culprits and am now on 580w [from 1000w]  load,

I was wondering about loads when I couldn't see the Battery amps in the graph above, glad you found the answer though...