Axpert Mks 3kva 24v charging and load question

Namzy

Question

I found that if my load is about 60 watts the Axpert inverter shows 0 watts until it shows gets to about 80 watts. 

The other issue is charging. I found out that the inverter sometimes stays in absorption for a long time and if u switch it off and on it then immediately enter float. Other times it doesn't take long to enter float. Is this normal?

Thanks and have a great day y'all 

13 answers to this question

Hi Namzy I also have a 3kva that also does not register small loads .Only show loads above 100 watts . The charging takes a long time to get to 29 volt and 13 amps (2 hours ) and then slowly down tot 2 amps about  2 hours then the voltage drop to 54 volt .Setting 5 on user . Inverter made 2015 but still working fine . Only use battery to 10 % DOD .

40 minutes ago, Chris Louw said:

Hi Namzy I also have a 3kva that also does not register small loads .Only show loads above 100 watts . The charging takes a long time to get to 29 volt and 13 amps (2 hours ) and then slowly down tot 2 amps about  2 hours then the voltage drop to 54 volt .Setting 5 on user . Inverter made 2015 but still working fine . Only use battery to 10 % DOD .

Voltage drop to 54v? Typo? 

2 hours ago, Namzy said:

I am hoping someone takes interest in the firmware of this axpert Mks 3kva and give us the best charging algorithm like they did in 5kva models

The charging bug has to do with the parallel part of the firmware so since it cannot be paralleled in all likelihood the 3kVa does not have the charging bug. 

35 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

The charging bug has to do with the parallel part of the firmware so since it cannot be paralleled in all likelihood the 3kVa does not have the charging bug. 

OK bit still wondering why my 3kva inverter will sometimes suddenly enter float when there is a power interruption while it was charging from mains 

Ok this is a major problem and I'm thinking of returning the 3kva inverter as it continues being in absorb indefinitely leading to venting and leakage of fluid and when u switch it off and on it suddenly decides that battery is full and enters float. It seems to do this when charging when soc is about 60%. And this happens occasionally