Solar in a container

I wasn't in the mood to take a generic photo of the 6 x 330w Canadian Solar panels on the roof of the container, but here's the guts of the control gear mounted to one of the container walls. It's all flush with the insulated drywalling so it takes up no space at all. The solar panels flat-mounted on the roof also serve as a 'safari-roof' and keep the container cooler.

container control gear.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Definitely. Inverters of any kind need a decent flow of air, and they are supposed to have some 200 mm of clearance around them.

Installation spacing.png

Yeah, it's not that. The inverter is essentially mounted to a giant heatsink in a temperature controlled space.

I'll get around to connecting up a laptop to the inverter next weekend (in Cape Town... it's on the way there now), and see what the settings say.

Seems to work just fine, though, after a hard boot.

• 2 months later...
On 2019/02/07 at 11:50 AM, PaulinNorthcliff said:

Yeah, it's not that. The inverter is essentially mounted to a giant heatsink in a temperature controlled space.

I'll get around to connecting up a laptop to the inverter next weekend (in Cape Town... it's on the way there now), and see what the settings say.

Seems to work just fine, though, after a hard boot.

Will we be seeing the setup this coming weekend?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...