Inverter upgrade

NINJARO

I have a 5kw DEYE inverter coupled to 2 stage 1 VOLTA batteries, the system runs everything in the house except gysers and stove. and would like to upgrade. My options are to get another 5KW DEYE or 8Kw Sunsynk inverter. Which is the better option. 

12 hours ago, zsde said:

Get another 5kW in parallel.
That provides redundancy should one of them be faulty over and above the 10kW load capability

Can I mix brands and get a 5kw sunsynk? 

51 minutes ago, zsde said:

Normally you can only parallel the exact same model of Inverter, that is, the Inverter has to have the necessary comms and load sharing boards and Firmware that facilitates the paralleling.

So when the inverters are in parallel does that mean that they can run loads which are beyond 5KW or do I need to split the loads between the 2 inverters?

Each inverter will still be limited by it's individual power limits
Not sure how the DEYE display looks like in parallel mode but all that happens on for example my Growatt is the one displays HST (Host) and the subsequent ones are SL1, SL2 etc, depending how many you parellel.
If you have a load of 5kW each inverter will supply around 2,5kW,  it shares the load at roughly 50% of the total on each inverter.

Just now, NINJARO said:

So if I have a load of 8KW they wont trip?

No. Each one would supply around 4kW.

Here is a snapshot of my two Inverters sharing the load. This is from my monitoring software. You will see the total load and then the roughly 50% of that load supplied by each inverter

image.thumb.png.232adf11317fa8625635c849ccd52313.png