Solis S6 Status (Eskom grid/not)

Fellow Powerforum(ers) 

I have a S6, installed the Modbus integration https://github.com/Pho3niX90/solis_modbus which is way better HA integration than anything I have tested.

I am trying to setup a rule that notifies me when Eskom goes off and on again. 

There is a metric:  Solis S6 Solis Status that currently reads value "3" I am struggling to find any information on the values that they change to if the grid is live or dead.

Asked Solis SA support to assist and they gave this very disinterest, flat reply:

"Please note, the team can offer support if the platform being used is SolisCloud. 
If another platform besides SolisCloud is being used for monitoring, we unfortunately cannot offer support as this is not a product of Solis."

I am currently getting a mail from SolisCloud (based on the alarm condition set as standard) when Eskom goes off. But not when it comes back online.

My Home Assistant YAML that does not work, only because of metric data not firing correctly:

alias: POWER ON SMS
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.solis_power_state
    to: "3"
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 0
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.whatsapp
    metadata: {}
    data:
mode: single

The registers vary between "3" normal operation and "1015" when there is no grid.

image.thumb.png.39ddaaf842e2f93a04e59d47d7fd592f.png

Edited by L_D
More info

22 minutes ago, L_D said:

There is a metric:  Solis S6 Solis Status that currently reads value "3" I am struggling to find any information on the values that they change to if the grid is live or dead.

Don't know about that metric or the Solis, but on the Sunsynk, when we still had a grid tie in, which we don't have anymore, I'd look at Grid Frequency, if more than 40Hz, the grid should be there, if its 0Hz, then obviously the grid soiled its shorts...

On 2024/06/21 at 6:09 PM, Kalahari Meerkat said:

Actually, if it is 0Hz, then there's no commercial power, if it is more than 0Hz, then commercial power should be there...

Just for interest if the Hz from utility had to drop to below 45-47Hz all generation would be shut down and we will have a blackout.