Difference : SOL-I-AX-5P vs SOL-I-AX-5K

Question

K version:

Axpert King Series 5000VA/5000W Solar Inverter/UPS 80A MPPT 220V 48VDC PF1

whats the difference between the new K and the older P model.

I previously heard there was problems with the power switchover on the Mecer units ? was that limited to a specific SKU, has that been fixed, I can get a new K model at a fantastic price, leaving me to spend more on batteries and panels now, 

G

4 answers to this question

On 2019/03/24 at 11:34 PM, georgelza said:

whats the difference between the new K and the older P model.

The King has zero transfer time, meaning that the load is always on the inverter. I assume that this means if the load is more than the inverter can handle, it has no choice but to drop the load. [ Edit: I've found that this is not the case. There is still a bypass mode. There is a small 4 ms transfer time between inverter mode and bypass mode. Zero transfer applies only for line ↔ battery mode. ]

It also has the removable display, fancy new buttons, USB capabilities (including firmware update?).

I can get a new K model at a fantastic price,

Just make sure that it's of genuine Voltronic Power manufacture, or that you're comfortable with the potential limitations if it's not.

Edited by Coulomb
Reworded last sentence for clarity
On 2020/03/19 at 1:05 AM, BERKS FLOORING said:

do you get imitation mercer too

If you mean is there such a thing as a clone that appears to be a genuine Mecer: I've not heard of one, yet.

On 2020/03/19 at 1:05 AM, BERKS FLOORING said:

is kp  better then p

It depends on what you want. If you want the ultimate in efficiency, then the KP in line mode (normal operation) is worse, as it has the efficiency penalty of double conversion.

But the KP (an Axpert King) has the ability to blend AC-in (usually utility) and PV power, so that's usually a winner. The latest models support direct connection to a Pylontech BMS; that's not available in most other models including the P and NB.

If you already have a 250 V to 400 V solar array and don't care about insulation monitoring, you might prefer the NB (SOL-I-AX-5NB).