Hi all

Just installed a 12kw offgrid synerji invertor with 24 270w panels, the invertor has 2 pv inputs so i put 12 panel on pv1 and 12 on pv2 ( strings of 3 panels in series ), but on the invertor screen it shows that i am generating 2,8kw on pv1 and pv2 shows amps, if my load exceeds 3kw the invertor bypasses and draws from the grid, anybody have any advice, i thought with those panels i would at least be able to generate 6kw of power

Thank you

Did they definitely send you a 12 kW model, with the two double pole breakers on the bottom? There are some models that look similar to the 12 kW model, some rated at only 4 kW.

[ Edit: it seems that the 120 A MPPT is optional. Perhaps they sent you a 60 A model by mistake? ]

Did you try swapping the PV strings and MPPT inputs?

[ Edit: and you're not exceeding 147 VDC at the PV inputs?

So 3S 4P each array? Sounds like it from your original post. ]

Edited by Coulomb

Does have the two double breakers at the bottom, my pv volts are around 105v i have 4 strings with 3 panels on a string, with 2 string combiner boxes, i havent tried swopping pv1 and pv2, would that make a difference, both string combiner boxes are exactly the same

I read in the manual that there are 2 60A mppt built in

I have installed 3 of these invertors and all are giving me about the same readings

Tried swopping inputs on pv, no difference, spoke to a friend earlier, at 15h00 load ( according to inverter ) was at 4,7kw, but pv ( according to inverter ) was at 2,3kw, he also has 24 270watt panels installed on the 12kw synerji inverter, batteries are always depleted as solar is not enough to carry the loads

He also has a secondary system with 12 325watt panels on the same make of inverter ( also a 12kw synerji ) just 6 panels per input ( 3 strings, 2 panels per string ) and is producing 1,98kw of power on input1

Dont understand why this would be, advice would be appreciated

5 hours ago, Clifford said:

load ( according to inverter ) was at 4,7kw, but pv ( according to inverter ) was at 2,3kw

Is it possible that the 2,3 kW figure is for one PV input only, and you have to press a button (or something) to get the power for the other one? 2,3 kW is about half the load, so it would be about right if the other input is contributing about the same.