Axpert King parallel - Erratic PV / grid in SUB mode

artful_dodger

On 2019/06/13 at 1:18 PM, DrWeez said:

adding myself to this thread as i have also fallen victim to this issue. 71.50 firmware on both the king's that i have installed. manufactured date is 09/2018

anyone had any luck with mustek and upgrading firmware or even them understanding the issue?

No word from Mustek.

They are still apparently busy with the manufacturer.

Must say the service from Mustek is not as good as I expected it to be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2019/07/18 at 8:07 PM, miles said:

Fyi to people following this thread, no luck with running my king parallel setup with one ICC

I managed to get it working with SolPIPlog, one Raspberry Pi, one USB cable, can monitor bother inverters, broadcasting to EmonCMS where I have to build up my own Watts feeds from the rather rudimentary Volts & Amps inputs coming from SolPIPlog but it's working great. I still have ICC connected to monitor the Pylontech stack, have lost the "back to grid based on SOC" functionality though which I plan to solve by getting the PyL option working, I got the cable working but hilariously only the master Axpert King sees the Pylontech, sigh.

Had that same erratic behavior this past week.

had the installer come and fix all his mistakes, battery cable lengths, earths, surge protectors, etc.

will see what happen when these two inverters need to switch over to grid when the volts drop to 48v.

would have been happier if I could fire the system up midday today instead of after 4pm.

but let’s see what happens.

Edited by Wilfred

On 2019/09/12 at 8:59 AM, miles said:

If you have the feed working to EmonCMS is it not possible to feed same into the ICC database?

Anyway, if you could share how you went about that it would be great? Only getting data from one inverter is a bit frustrating.

Is emoncms for free? I have registered an account but it seems you need to pay for it. I am still struggling to get it working though.

4 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Had that same erratic behavior this past week.

had the installer come and fix all his mistakes, battery cable lengths, earths, surge protectors, etc.

will see what happen when these two inverters need to switch over to grid when the volts drop to 48v.

would have been happier if I could fire the system up midday today instead of after 4pm.

but let’s see what happens.

Might I ask who did your install?

What batteries are you using?

Emoncms is the cloud hosting that gives you a view into the data provided by ICC. If you bought ICC you should have received Emoncms login details along with some API settings to send the data?

Edited by miles

One of my client’s installed the system, I am from Pretoria, South Africa.

i have the following:

24 x 315W Enersol panels

2 x Synapse 5.0k+ (presumably the King although I saw the manual is the same as the Pip5048), removable and blue tooth face, currently running firmware 71.70

the 0 transfer time ones.

2 x Huawei 100aH 50A, 48v, 4.8Kw lithium ion batteries

i have purchased my Pi a while ago in the States and with Manie’s help, my IT guy got the trial version going.

the installer was so nice to “borrow” me his Pi for time being, I got the firmware update for 71.80, but have not done the update yet, will first get some instructions before I will attempt it under supervision of course :). I hope that it will resolve the communication problem between the Pi and both inverters.

only data I currently have is on the installers Pi, my Pi although setup and connected to inverter 2 give me some idea of what is going on.

my current settings on each inverter are: 

01. SBU,

02. 30A,

05. USE,

11. 10A,

12. 48,

13. 53,

16. SbL/UCb,

26. 53.4,

27. 53.2,

29. 46

i have been lurking here for a couple weeks before I joined the forum.

I really thought my 6 months pre install homework was good, think again, I learned more after installation going for week 3.

i had a descent 0 on my grid line, but have to switch to utility around 4am to boil the geyser so me and the misses can have hot water getting up, I have three daughters who empties the geyser at night time. My geyser have been on geyserwise for most probably ten years now. The only thing I recently changes was to exchange the geyser element from 3000W to 2000W last Saturday.

23 minutes ago, miles said:

Might I ask who did your install?

What batteries are you using?

Emoncms is the cloud hosting that gives you a view into the data provided by ICC. If you bought ICC you should have received Emoncms login details along with some API settings to send the data?

I will most probably buy the licensed version very soon

Cool. So it sounds like you got ICC before the days of the cloud app existing. You will need to contact someone about that. All I can say is that I dealt with Johan and had very good support...but all of that ICC stuff doesn't seem to be something I'd like to get involved in.

On the battery side ideally you want some external battery monitor that ICC can piggy back on rather than using the inverters inbuilt battery monitor which, especially for lithium batteries, is completely useless. I have a Narada lithium battery and use the ICC cable to plug straight into the Pi. 

You're unlikely to get data going from both inverters to your Pi, or at least I can't manage that.

Don't feel alone re your homework. I spent years researching on and off on this forum before pulling the trigger, then basically had to forget everything and learn again on the fly while the system was running.

I'm no expert on the settings, so I won't comment on that part of your post. One of the far more knowledgeable people will do that, no doubt.

5 minutes ago, miles said:

Cool. So it sounds like you got ICC before the days of the cloud app existing. You will need to contact someone about that. All I can say is that I dealt with Johan and had very good support...but all of that ICC stuff doesn't seem to be something I'd like to get involved in.

On the battery side ideally you want some external battery monitor that ICC can piggy back on rather than using the inverters inbuilt battery monitor which, especially for lithium batteries, is completely useless. I have a Narada lithium battery and use the ICC cable to plug straight into the Pi. 

You're unlikely to get data going from both inverters to your Pi, or at least I can't manage that.

Don't feel alone re your homework. I spent years researching on and off on this forum before pulling the trigger, then basically had to forget everything and learn again on the fly while the system was running.

I'm no expert on the settings, so I won't comment on that part of your post. One of the far more knowledgeable people will do that, no doubt.

I am sure we can get ICC going, I just re-read the post. Someone did get it going it seems. For a BMS, it will be my next step. At this stage I don’t even bother with SOC, I just check the graphs related to load, battery volts, etc. at this stage SOC will drive me crazy.

• 2 weeks later...